Archery Talk Forum banner

Mathews Chill X vs. Elite Energy 35

9K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Reed 
#1 ·
Title says it, im just wondering what people think about these two bows. Its really a perfect bow vs bow because they have very close specs. Just try and not be brand bias, you may hate Mathews and love Elite or vice versa, just try and compare the bow not the manufacture.

#7 ·
I know this has been a debate before, I just figured people would have had more time with the x now, the other comparison were right after the X came out.

#8 ·
I'm an elite fanboy (I will admit it) but the chill x would be the bow to pull me back to mathews. Draw is stiffer IMO on the X. Nice wall though. The only thing I do not like about it is the cable system. Seems like a pain when changing strings. The riser is also 'eh' to me.

#14 ·
I have a Chill X now and I had an ENG32 a couple bows ago. I did love the ENG32 but I got rid of it and went with a CST, them the Chill X amazed me so much as first I sold the CST and got the X, I love my X but just not as much as that first impression. I really like the feel of the longer ATA so I don't want to go back to the 32 but I cant seem to stop thinking about the ENG35. How much difference is there between the eng32 and the eng35.

#15 ·
The E 35 holds like a rock , for me. I shoot it much better than the E 32 , don't know why , but the E 35 is the best feeling and shooting bow that I have ever had in my hands.
I spent several hours with the Chill X and although I think it's the best Mathews bow in a long while , I just would not , personally, pick it over the E 35 any day.
IMO, the E 35 is the best a around bow that Elite has ever made , and it tunes super easy, plus is relatively fast for a longer ata bow.
Breathn was getting 8 fps over my E 35's listed IBO , with his strings and tune , and the bow shot absolutely amazing for me. Mine was setup for 3d only , and I shot my highest scores ever with that bow in Known 50 ASA style format , 30 target shoots.
I am planning on ordering another E 35 for 3d again this coming year, I just hope that the target colors are available sooner this year....

#20 ·
Oh, if you don't like the grip change your grip your not holding the bow correctly.To much bottom hand pad contact causes torque. You have got to see those knuckles at 45 degree angle at full draw and get all the pressure on the thumb pad and center hand crease.The average archer holds a bow with pressure on that bottom pad and thumb pad equally-not good for torque. Change my grip 4 years ago big differance.

#21 ·
I like the Chill X. I haven't shot the Elite but I like the Chill X simply due to the more neutral riser. I think it will be much easier to shoot and will make plenty of speed for me. The Elites are nice bows but not my style. I prefer cable stops and to me the Elite grip is awful.

#24 ·
3D and hunting, but although it would be fun the other way around, it will see more 3D than hunting situations, obviously I can shoot and practice 3d all year round.

#23 ·
I shot both, went with the Elite and added the aftermarket rubber grip. I shot better with the Elite 35 without the grip than I did with the X. After adding the rubber grip its by far the best shooting bow I've had, and I've had a few haha It all comes down to what you like better, the 35 just seemed to fit me better. Both are great bows.

#28 ·
The e35 for me also love the way the bow aims and feels . The chill x is the best bow Mathews has come out in awhile . Basically same specs as an e35 with a different spin ( mid season release ? ) I would shoot them both and choose what you like , can't go wrong either way .

#30 ·
chill x has a better balance and draw to me. the 35 has a better wall ( hard not to with the limb stop). grips are close but I like the focus grip a little better. that said I shoot a supra and a phenom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.