Mathews NO CAM - Page 10

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mathews NO CAM

[quote=bucks;1071496312]great. Mathews shortened and added waffles to the bear whitetail ii.[/quo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

What "problem" did Matthews solve with this bow?
    If you don't shoot the big ones they die of old age.
    If you don't shoot the small ones they live to become big ones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I am just happy that my ole 2008 Elite XXL with round cams will now look like part of the "In" Crowd

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 722
Size:  58.0 KB
    Elite Victory
    Elite XXL
    Bear Kodiak
    Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I didn't know elite made round cams before. Are they really the same thing? I have never seen an XXL.

Quote Originally Posted by sudz View Post
    I am just happy that my ole 2008 Elite XXL with round cams will now look like part of the "In" Crowd

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 722
Size:  58.0 KB
    Your clueless
    Fast is Fine but Accuracy is Final, You need to Learn to be Slow in a Hurry!
    Shot Routine! Feet-Grip-Anchor-Sight-Spot-Shoot!

There has to be a cam of sorts to work. You have to let out string to have let off so it is somewhere. My guess is there is basically a cam inside the axle area which if you look is off center also. I think it is a brilliant outside the box idea but the physics are the same as any other bow

Quote Originally Posted by dlamb11 View Post
    Their site is down. What finishes are these in?
    The HTR comes in Black Anthem, Tactical, Stone Tactical, Lost Camo and Lost OT Camo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415216547.807308.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	2077426
    PSE EXRCIST
    500 grain vap , exodus, hypo, rage digger
    Proud member of team overkill
    "Boom goes the dynamite "

Quote Originally Posted by bambikiller View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415216547.807308.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	2077426
    Now that is funny! I still think the new Matthews will be an excellent bow. I want to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by biddz7x View Post
    Let us know how she shoots
    Alright guys here's the skinny. I spent a lot of time with the htr and a few other new bows. The htr is definitely something that is innovative. It is by far the quietest and vibe free bow I've ever felt. It was unreal actually. It is extremely stable, holds exceptionally well and it feels rock solid, the riser seems extremely rigid and stiff, very impressive. The bow looks and feels much longer than 32 ATA. So much so I grabbed a chill x and prime rival and put it next to the htr to compare. My biggest complaint is the "no cam." I don't know if they are what contribute to making this bow so damn quiet and vibe free or if it's the riser, I wish so badly that Mathews would have made a single cam model on this riser or a dual cam set up.

Everything is perfect about this bow besides the cam set up. The draw is a bit stiff. That is my only complaint on this bow. It seems to dump into the back wall. Definitely not what I was expecting, everything was so perfect about it that I'm still considering getting one. More than likely I will be buying a chill x. It is much smoother imo and it is damn close to as quiet and vibe free.

Quote Originally Posted by sagecreek View Post
    The "outter cam" (payout) is concentric, thus "no cam". The "inner cam", which controls the draw force curve, is still a cam.
    Exactly.

On a "regular" cam bow, the axle is in the dead center of the cam, so they shape the outer part of the cam (where the string tracks) in an oblong or tear dropped shape to create a draw curve.

On the "no" cam system, the outside of the cam/wheel (where the string tracks) is round, but the axle is not in the dead center of the wheel. The axle is set slightly off center, which is how they create a "wobble" as you draw the "no" cam, which is how they create a draw curve.

So it is a cam.

A regular cam is oval shaped and rotates on a dead center. (Spin a football from its dead center)

The "No" cam is circular shaped, but it does not rotate on a dead center. (Spin a basketball, but off center)

Both will function the same, they just achieve it through inverted means.

Actually, I've always wondered why companies that use the typical tear-drop shaped cams, didn't either:

1) make the rotation point of the cam slightly off center to increase power while maintaining a relatively smooth draw to eliminate the hump and dump.

2) make the cam roll back on the limb in a gear or toothed track system (kind of a horizontal floating or tracking axle) to increase power while maintaining a relatively smooth draw to eliminate the hump and dump.

Or both 1 and 2.

Those wheels are not concentric. Therefore, they are still "cams" in my opinion. The bow is still utilizing the advantages of a counter-weighted system to propel the string/arrow. I think a "round dual-cam" description would be more accurate than calling it a "no cam"...just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Woods View Post
    The HTR comes in Black Anthem, Tactical, Stone Tactical, Lost Camo and Lost OT Camo.
    Thank you for the info. Disappointed no desert tactical is offered anymore.

I am a Mathews shooter, but what I see is that the round cams look a lot like the old Drenalin and DXT cams. Many people will argue that those bows are the best ever built, so why not go and improve that same design? I will have to wait to shoot one to see how it is....

The outter cam is completely concentric. It is just the cocking mechanism. The inner cam has always been the draw force curve and letoff curve. The outer cam shape controls nock travel to some extent.
    Hidden Content Elite GT-500 Next G1 Hidden Content Elite Victory 37 Titanium Hidden Content Hummingbird Bamboo Kingfisher Hidden Content Mathews Halon-X Comp
    Bodoodle Arrow Rest - CBE Sights - Bee Stinger Stabilizers - Specialty Archery Peeps - Gold Tip Arrows - Carter Releases
    Owner of Sage Creek 3D Archery Range - Look us up on the web and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheTracker View Post
    Your clueless
    you're
    Behind a desk waiting for fall...

cool but still ugly oh yeah i want a waffle maker for a bow or a milk crate lol jmo lmao naw just the truth ish

Being that there is still a cam (look closely at the cable take up) I don't see how these wouldn't be susceptible to being out of tune? Out of tune will still give you inconsistent nock travel. In the same token a standard well tuned in sync binary cam would have zero nock travel assuming that you built it with the nock in the exact center of the string. I think the fact that they have shortened the limbs reduced the likelihood of limb inconsistencies which probably contributes more toward the reduced knock travel than does this "No Cam" cam.
    Still I have to say it took a bit of thinking outside the box to come up with these. That alone deserves some kudos. Been a long time since I had to actually say "hold on what was that" when looking at new archery stuff. Different and new sure, better?, probably not.
    NWSpinner,com
    Become a string maker but don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    Being that there is still a cam (look closely at the cable take up) I don't see how these wouldn't be susceptible to being out of tune? Out of tune will still give you inconsistent nock travel. In the same token a standard well tuned in sync binary cam would have zero nock travel assuming that you built it with the nock in the exact center of the string. I think the fact that they have shortened the limbs reduced the likelihood of limb inconsistencies which probably contributes more toward the reduced knock travel than does this "No Cam" cam.
    Exactly.

Well, my local shop told me they just got a No Cam HTR in so I went down there just to look at it to see what all the buzz is about. First I'm not a Mathews fan, never owned one, have shot a few but never owned one. Online the riser looks too straight and kinda goofy, in person not so. Very good looking bow, surprised. It is a RH 70# 28" 85% mods installed. They installed a d-loop and a Hostage and turned it down to 64-65 lbs and told me to go shoot it. I'm 29" DL and my bows are 60# but what the hell might as well. I normally use a handheld but didn't have mine so I just grabbed one of their wrists. WOW is all I can say. No sight, no peep, no stab. I can't vouch for its accuracy, nor did I run it through a chrony but its draw is butter smooth, very stable at draw, grip felt great, never really felt a noticeable hump, small valley but easily held in it, solid backwall, very dead in hand after shot with absolutely no shock, and SUPER silent. I was just amazed at how this bow felt after release. Never felt anything like it. So dead, no vibes, so silent. Impressed.

Anyone wanna knock it, just go shoot it. Don't have to buy one, don't even have to like Mathews, but you will be impressed. Just impressive.

I actually just shot it about 30 minutes ago. I think it is the smoothest drawing and deadest feeling bow I have ever shot! I love the 85% mods. I think mathews hit a homerun with this one. I encourage everyone to go shoot it and decide for themselves. I hate how some people get on to talk trash with out even trying the product. Going back to shoot it some more after I get off of work. Can wait to get my hands on one. I have never seen so many followers of other companies take the time out of their schedule to get on this forum just to bash mathews. If its so bad why are you trying so hard to convince everyone you are right?

it only took 35 people to lose their jobs so they could build this bow. good job mathews.
    Obsessed in Wv

Does anyone know when they will be in the proshops?

id say within the next month most places will have them. most shops have the demos now.
    Obsessed in Wv

Quote Originally Posted by goodoleboy11 View Post
    Alright guys here's the skinny. I spent a lot of time with the htr and a few other new bows. The htr is definitely something that is innovative. It is by far the quietest and vibe free bow I've ever felt. It was unreal actually. It is extremely stable, holds exceptionally well and it feels rock solid, the riser seems extremely rigid and stiff, very impressive. The bow looks and feels much longer than 32 ATA. So much so I grabbed a chill x and prime rival and put it next to the htr to compare. My biggest complaint is the "no cam." I don't know if they are what contribute to making this bow so damn quiet and vibe free or if it's the riser, I wish so badly that Mathews would have made a single cam model on this riser or a dual cam set up.

Everything is perfect about this bow besides the cam set up. The draw is a bit stiff. That is my only complaint on this bow. It seems to dump into the back wall. Definitely not what I was expecting, everything was so perfect about it that I'm still considering getting one. More than likely I will be buying a chill x. It is much smoother imo and it is damn close to as quiet and vibe free.
    This is why you have to take reviews on AT with a grain of salt? Doesn't the second bold sentence contradict what you said in the first?

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast