Archery Talk Forum banner

Can you help me ID this target equipment?

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  shawn_in_MA 
#1 ·
Bought a lot of used target equipment because I want to set up my Tour for indoor spots this year. This sight and scope combination came together and I'd like to know make and models if you target guys could help me out. Also if you could let me know what you think they're worth, that would help me know if I made a good deal or not [emoji6]. Here's what I've got.

See less See more
#13 ·
After doing some looking, I think you guys are dead on about it being the Sure Loc Lite.

Last couple questions....
1. Am I missing anything I would need to use this sight/scope for indoor 5 spots this year?
2. Any idea what the total value of the entire package I have here would be?

#16 ·
Cool, thanks! When its all said and done I'll have about $50 at most in all of this.

There was a plastic round piece that came in the box of the Specialty Archery scope. Piece is threaded and looks like it may be a spacer but I have no idea. I'll post a pic.

#18 ·
Stop screwing around and get it on your bow and start shooting it. With indoor you really don't have to do anything with 3rd axis, I would make sure the second axis is good and then I would close my eyes and see what my natural cant looks like and I would set my sight bubble to that natural cant. If you don't know how to do second axis just ask us.

Once you get into indoor shooting with a scope and a lens you will start seeing the issues with poor lighting that cause issues with seeing your pin and it vanishing. Many guys go with dots or rings or a combination right on the lens, very few indoor shooters actually use a up pin.

I would also suggest that you go ahead and get a speciality peep with a aperature kit and a number 1 clarifier so that you can try all of them and find the one that gives you the best look at the target.

#19 ·
Thanks Padgett. I'm about to order the peep and aperture kit now. I know how to set second axis but not with my natural cant.

Question: the scope looks to have a sticker as the aiming point rather than a pin. Is the sticker something out on by the factory? Does it have to be DEAD center? Mine looks to be but not sure.

#20 ·
I looked at the pics on my phone and really couldn't see much, The sticker doesn't have to be centered but I would try and get it centered because that would bug me if it isn't.

Well second axis is just making the sight block where the sight tape is taped perfectly vertical and then the scope bubble should be centered, what this allows is when you move the sight up and down your left and right will remain the same.

Now at this point you have a choice you can make your sight block parallel to your riser which means that your bow will be perfectly verticle when the bubble is centered or you can choose to shoot with a natural cant. Go ahead and experiment and draw a few times with your eyes closed and come to anchor and settle in to where things feel perfect and then open your eyes. I have a feeling that your bow will be at some natural cant, if this is what you want to shoot your bow with then you can loosen the two screws on the sight bar where it bolts up to the sight block and rotate the sight a little and draw back with your eyes closed to your natural cant and then see if the bubble is perfect, repeat until you have it just right. This is first axis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.