Archery Talk Forum banner

HHA DS-XL-5519 Sight

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fishstu 
#1 ·
Due to aging eyes I am interested in purchasing a single pin sight the HHA DS- XL-5519 have also considered the Spot Hogg Father sight but am lending towards the HHA- Any comments would be appreciated. Also, have you used the burst light option and len/hunter kit. Thanks

#4 ·
70+ HHA 1 5/8" with .019 pin & reostat Dial sight. Loven it!

#7 · (Edited)
I have a slider XL 5519 2" ( .019 pin) with rheostat and blue light coupled with a 1/4 inch peep. With that combination I can shoot at last light easily just opening up the rheostat, the blue light is useful in a blind. I use 4x lens in the summer shooting 3D which works well (can see 10 ring easier on target ) - take it off for hunting, my preference but it would work for hunting. I have only ever had HHA slider sights, have thought about getting another brand(s) which which have an individual feature that stands out but overall nothing in my opinion is better then HHA sights. For me they optimize the best combination of build quality, sturdiness, lightweight, and user friendliness. My currant slider is 10 years old (still works perfectly) with a 2 inch scope housing upgraded from the original 1 5/8 scope housing. The screws do get surface rust - I put a small drop of 3 -1 oil on the head 4 times a year, some folks replace the screws with SS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.