Archery Talk Forum banner

new PSE Fang

8K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  DRockCS 
#1 ·
I was looking into buying the Fang as it fits all my needs and is low cost. Anyone know how it shoots? and quality?

#3 ·
I shot it when my rep brought all the new stuff to town. I was really impressed with it, the trigger has improved 100% compaired to the Enigma. It is well balanced and the price for what you get is unreal. I'm not real big on crossbows but I really like that one, I dont think you would be dissapointed with it.

#4 ·
I just bought one because of the price on a whim the first one blew up after about 20 shots I have the replacement one sited in last night at 30 yards it is dead on it is blowing through my target and I don't have a cheap target I have already lost two arrows is hitting the same spot every time it is a little load then I like trigger is okay I have shot better but we're talking 1400 dollars worth of a bow so far the price the great deal

#6 ·
we don't really know the string jumped the cam bent the cam my bow shop dealer made a quick call to PSe they immediately said replace the bow I have a brand new one now the one that messed up was fresh out of the box

#9 ·
update on Bow new one is shooting fantastic at 40 yards no problems loving it loving the money that is still in my pocket scope is complete trash

#10 ·
I just purchased a Fang. I like the light weight on this set up. The bow assembled very easily and was easy to cock & shoot. I did swap out the scope for a Horton scope that is much better. Overall, I am considering selling my other crossbow and getting another Fang. I will wait however, until I shoot more when the temps get above 0!

#12 ·
Msbowman, You realize its not a weight adjustable bow and you cannot change strings or cables by backing out the limb bolts.

#13 ·
I just bought one this week. As stated many times, the scope leaves much to be desired and the supplied arrows have all lost the inserts in the first dozen shots.
I bought a six pack of German ICS Crossbow Hunter arrows today and it is shooting well.
I am getting sub 1" groups out to 20 yards widening out to about 1.5" groups to 30 which is as far as I have progressed thus far.
Right away, the arrows blew through my Morrel target which stops carbons from my compound. I had to insert a kevlar ballistic panel down through the center of the stack to stop these arrows.

I have determined that I can use the top line of the crosshairs out to 25 yards, then the dot below that for 30 and get consistent bullseye's.

I suspect that in low light or when putting the tiny dot on a deer hide, it may be easier to simply aim 3" high with with the main crosshair.

As flat as it is shooting, I am considering trying a simple red dot. It can't be any worse than the included scope especially with regard to low light.

Rick

#14 ·
PSE Fang and SA Sports Empire Dragon are like twins I believe both are made by Po Lang in Taiwan. Only difference is in the stock one says 340ibo the other says 345ibo but if you shoot a IBO weight bolt in either to find out it'll probably bust something. All the reading I've done says put a limbsaver or bowjax kit to soak up vibration and protect he crossbow. Shoot 425gr or heavier arrows. I believe 400gr is the minimum recommended but I plan on at least 450gr anyway just for a safety margin.

They were identically priced at the guide but the Fang was backordered, and since I'm broke but sportsmansguide lets you 4 pay it I got the Dragon, a bowjax kit, and some dead ringer crossbow 2.5" mech's to try with it. Already have victory bolts. Next step will be when money allows to get 60x to make me some custom strings. Cheap crossbows = cheap strings. I've seen some cheap crossbows gain 15fps just by getting some good strings on them. I do have a red dot I will be putting on it. Just going to set it for 30 yards, and hold under at 20.

#15 ·
I bought a Fang this fall and killed a doe with it a few hours after it was delivered. I replaced the scope and bought some victory bolts for it. It's a great crossbow at a great price. I've owned a couple Wicked Ridge crossbows and I think the Fang is better and easier to use in a tree stand.

#17 ·
Have looked at many, many lower priced bows and have become very interested in the PSE Fang. Other than bolts and the scope, there are
very few negative reviews, but of those, they are alarming. Have come across a few which stated a limb has cracked on them. A couple specifically
stated the limb cracked under a warning label. Has anyone here heard of or experienced this?

Would a dampening system relieve pressure when the bolt is released as well as reduce noise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.