a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Short ATA BOW

Talking Best Short ATA BOW

Hi been think about buying a new bow and I'd like to know everyones thoughts on the smaller bows that are out there. I mainly bow hunt so I'm favor of a shorter bow---but I also want one that packs a punch.

take a look at the new merlin range - look at the Merlin 2006 thread, photos just gone up of the new camo.
    their new XS packs a hefty punch, I have the longer XT version and that is very quick 280fps+ @29" 60lb draw c/w 350gr arrow
    don't dismiss them they are great, give one a try when they get over there - check out Pinwheel12 he sells them

I am hunting with an Allegiance and am very pleased with it. It is a very fast as very shooter friendly "short" rig.

My Outback is pretty sweet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by herd97
    Hi been think about buying a new bow and I'd like to know everyones thoughts on the smaller bows that are out there. I mainly bow hunt so I'm favor of a shorter bow---but I also want one that packs a punch.

herd97,
    you asked a question that will get you 100 differant answers. just about all the bow companies that would be considered top end bows make a short axle to axle bow that are great shooting bows wether it be the bowtech allegiance,mathews switchback,hoyt xtec,etc,etc,etc.

the main thing you can do that will give you the most information on what bow you need to be shooting is to go to a shop or several shops and personally shoot as many as you can before you decide. if you shoot them all yourself then you and you alone will know the right one when you put it in your hands.

while i may have my own personal favorite for a short ATA hunting bow, which by the way is an allegiance. when a customer comes in our store i try to put as many bows as i can in their hands in the length that they think they want to shoot and then let them tell me which one feels the best to them.
    sometimes they come in looking for a bow that is around 32 inches ATA and then shoot them all and end up buying a bow that is around 38 inches. sometimes its the other way around. but either way, like i said before. the best way for you to know is to put them in your own hands and shoot them and then you will know which one is right for you.

good luck.

I agree with some of the post about the bowtech models. I have been looking for a new bow and shot the allegiance again today. I have shot the v-tec,swichback,AR34,and illusion. I have a short draw and was most impressed with the allegiance. I was set up with a 27.5 draw, 383gr. arrow, set at 62#. I shot a blazing 271ft. several times in a row. Along with great speed it shot very well. If you have the bow locally I would give it a try. If I had to pick today it would be this bow. My problem is I have been looking for several months and now the talk of 2006 bows is making me wait to buy.

Mathews Outback - Awesome, awesome, awesome bow!

Fred Bear Epic Xtreme - Older but great if you can find one! Don't be fooled by the TRX 32 - it is not the same quality as an Epic
    PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

2 words- PEARSON PRIDE!!! can't go wrong with it.

Switchback

Quote Originally Posted by qkdraw
    I agree with some of the post about the bowtech models. I have been looking for a new bow and shot the allegiance again today. I have shot the v-tec,swichback,AR34,and illusion. I have a short draw and was most impressed with the allegiance. I was set up with a 27.5 draw, 383gr. arrow, set at 62#. I shot a blazing 271ft. several times in a row. Along with great speed it shot very well. If you have the bow locally I would give it a try. If I had to pick today it would be this bow. My problem is I have been looking for several months and now the talk of 2006 bows is making me wait to buy.
    I shoot a switchback at 27.5" at 58lb, similar arrow wieght, fingers, getting about 285fps out af it. Get a heap of finger pinch though, which is testing my target archery. Cant find a better hunting bow though, the sucker is fast and quiet, not unusual to get a couple of shots away before they know whats going on.

Switchback, LX or Outback-either one gets my approval.

I love my 05 patriot. there is no best, only what you think is the best. I shot a bunch of the higher end bows and I liked mine the best. Doesn't mean someone else will feel the same

V-tec, Switchback, or Allegiance, take your pick. Whatever company turns you on.
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Don't forget the Defender. It's a great short AtA bow.

Bowtech Defender
    2010 G5 Primal, 72lbs, 28in draw, Trophy Taker Smack Down, G5 Optix XR, 5575 GT XT Hunters, Magnus Stingers 100gr,

Merlin XS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    300 ARCHERY-- DEALER FOR MERLIN, OBSESSION BOWS, PARKER, AND MORE...OVER 35+ YRS EXPERIENCE! (603)899-2791
    Please support your local ARCHERY Pro Shop!

Get this one

Take a look at the pearson dagger.....

or the mcpherson edge......

www.benpearson.com
    Stage 1 Strings

Xpedition Xring 6

bow tech mighty mite

great short tree stand bow. fast accurate and quiet. 30.5 atoa.
    PSE ARCHERY----UNDER ARMOUR------VAPORTRAIL STRINGS

I'm pretty fond of my switchback.
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Defender!

Bowtech Defender! Its a great treestand/groundblind bow and it packs a serious punch! 29.5" dl, 375gr arrow, 70lbs shot 295fps. (over 71 lbs of kinetic energy!) and the best part is that it is as quiet as a church mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by juano2001
    Get this one

{pic}
    Where do you put the quiver?

no question

the Browning Illusion is the hottest short ATA bow on the market right now.

we have customers come in looking for other bows in mind. then they shoot an illusion and its no hesitation, they buy this bow.

very smooth and very quiet. oh yea its fast too.

switchback

You want fast and short? Go Bowtech. They're pretty quiet too. I've got a Tech 29 (03 Model) 29"/71# that's under 30" and shoots an incredible 321fps with an IBO arrow and 284 with a 428gr arrow!! And the thing is whisper quiet!! The Mighty Mite is the next closest thing to it!!

I really like this Switchback

Great accuracy for such a short axle bow. Deer dont have a chance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast