Archery Talk Forum banner

Archery Shops in Kansas City?

15K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  thndrr 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone could recommend an archery shop in the Kansas City area. I want to get started in bowhunting, so I wanted to find somewhere where I could get my draw length measured and possibly test out some bows. Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
There is a new Cabelas store there now. They could fix you up as well.

#10 ·
Vic's Archery!!! She has Mathews, Hoyt, Martin, Ross, Browning, and i may be missing a couple.

She is at:
802 S. 6th
St. Joseph MO.

you can call them at
816-232-3450

hours are
tuesday - friday noon to 9pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm

she has everything you could ever need and are GREAT people to deal with!

#19 ·
A lot of good choices

I like Bill out at Avid a bunch but i really like B B archery. Super nice guys and gals and I did not even buy my bow from them. They have helped me a bunch out with little stuff I need for little or no cash. Rogers wanted to charge 25 bucks for press time so I bought my own. Avid has a 30 yard indoor range and Big River Archery in Lexington has a 45 yard range.

Jeremy

#20 ·
jmoberg said:
I like Bill out at Avid a bunch but i really like B B archery. Super nice guys and gals and I did not even buy my bow from them. They have helped me a bunch out with little stuff I need for little or no cash. Rogers wanted to charge 25 bucks for press time so I bought my own. Avid has a 30 yard indoor range and Big River Archery in Lexington has a 45 yard range.

Jeremy
$25 ? for press ? unless you misinterpreted a joke, I find that hard to swallow........

#23 ·
Xtreme Steve said:
Actually... If you didn't buy the equipment there... That is CHEAP!!! Most shops(if they're smart) will charge $35-$40 unless you buy the bow and/or Accessories there
actually, we have a $7.99 press fee. This is for those who walk in, have bought nothing there, and need something done. Tuning fees are listed on a sign as $5-25, depending on how much time it takes. If items are bought from us, no charge. As an example, we had a guy and his wife in a couple of months ago with a razortec that he couldn't get to tune. The old tm hunter style rest he had was flat wore out, you could wiggle it around with everything tightened up. But he wanted that rest, I think we spent 2 or 3 hrs fiddling w/ it. To make a long story short, he ended up putting a trophytaker dropaway on it. He paid for the rest..............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.