Archery Talk Forum banner

tried this in the technical thread we will try the normal one.

655 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  pcbowjunky 
#1 ·
I got board and figured I would tune my experience again since I am fairly new to tuning I figure the more I did it the better.. I just got done for the day I bare shaft tuned to 20 yards and just have a slight knock high, rest is center shot and final timing is perfect I know I need to adjust my d-loop a little. I was checking the ref. dots on the cam and it looks like I could twist up the cables one more time to center the dots other than that they are even.. my ata is 32 dead center of the axles on the flex guard side and 31 15/16" on the shelf side side and brace height is right on 7" draw weight at the time is 72.3lbs.. I noticed it seems a little slow yet though getting 293-295fps with a 405 grain arrow.. my main ? is To get the cams perfect in the power stroke do you need the ref. dots centered and final timing perfect? draw is already at 72.3lbs I don't want to draw in the limbs so much to have issues. is the start of the cam timing as important as the final timing? I am not very concerned about the speed more just want to make sure I am getting all the performance out of the cams as I can. Any thoughts? thanks in advance

#2 ·
is the start of the cam timing as important as the final timing?
start with the dots centered as you did. then time the draw stops to hit the same.. the dots are more of a reference as to where your cams are supposed to work from..

#3 ·
If your cables are inside the timing dots, you probably won't get a whole lot more speed by getting them more in the center. Never heard of anyone having both cables in the exact same position between the dots at rest if the stops are synchonized to hit at the same time. (that's what is most important) What's your draw length? http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...=_w4AhqgFkFA&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13761087479308

#4 ·
draw length is even at 30" as the bow sits now everything seems to be tuned perfect as far as bowtech specs go in the video. Other than a little knock high travel I am going to get rid of tom.. both cam timing ref.marks with the bow at rest the cables are covering the forward dot if I twist each cable up one twist that will put both right between the timing dots I am just not sure if I should twist the cables more because it is already pulling a little over 72lbs. :)

#7 ·
Your nock high travel is due to the cams not being timed at full draw. Forget timing the cams at rest using the dots. The dots are just a reference to get your cams close to the position they should be in.

#8 ·
Yeah played with the cams and the timing today had to advance the lower cam about a piece of paper width I couldn't see it because I have bomars with the cusion on I also found my knocking point moved up about an 1/8" I tied that in and now bare shafts are perfect with fleched out to 25 yards. Now just to sight it in and get some new arrows snapped 2 this morn.. lol I love tuning and learning about my bow but not sure how many arrows I can break and still have a happy wife there getting expensive. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.