Archery Talk Forum banner

Well, I'm eating crow.

5K views 61 replies 45 participants last post by  weekender21 
#1 ·
I finally bought my first mathews. And I will admit, I have never been a fan. I've been the epitome of a mathews hater my entire archery career and mostly because I genuinely didn't like the way the bows shot! Then came the nocam and I couldn't hold back. I will admit the draw cycle is very weird. Other than that, it's the quietest, most shock free bow I've ever had in my hands. I'm really looking forward to taking it into the woods this weekend! It's set at 29/70 shooting a 425 grain arrow at 278 fps! Compound bow Bow Bow and arrow

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say the draw cycle it "different", not "weird". Actually, I kind of like it.

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Not a Mathews fan either, but if they would make one with a 35-36" ATA I might own my first Mathews too.

#11 ·
Nice setup! That's the best looking Mathews to me. I dig the NoCam but not sure if I can get past the speeds... I'm still shopping however and it's still on my list.

#15 ·
Also, the way the pic was taken makes it look like a miniature! haha

#17 ·
I finally bought my first mathews. And I will admit, I have never been a fan. I've been the epitome of a mathews hater my entire archery career and mostly because I genuinely didn't like the way the bows shot! Then came the nocam and I couldn't hold back. I will admit the draw cycle is very weird. Other than that, it's the quietest, most shock free bow I've ever had in my hands. I'm really looking forward to taking it into the woods this weekend! It's set at 29/70 shooting a 425 grain arrow at 278 fps! View attachment 2138397
If I'd have any money right now for a new bow, I'd be making this exact thread. Didn't care much for previous Mathews bows, and never could stand all the tool bags living around my area with the "catch us if you can" slogan plastered all over their pickup trucks. However, I really enjoyed shooting this bow a few weeks ago when I was in my local archery shop. I've shot just about everything out there that's come along in the last 5-7 years, and this bow is right at the top as one of my favorites. I'd have to go back and shoot them once more, but my bow for 2015 would be between an HTR and a Synergy.

The HTR I shot was a 60#, but I didn't notice anything weird or different with the draw cycle. It was a nice steady pull for me until I hit the wall. No noise or vibe on the shot were my favorite things about it too.

#23 ·
Bad day for the Crows.

Great looking bow, congratulations.

#28 ·
Don't feel bad I had a brain fart and bought a mathews one time too, it happens! I shot the htr at the shop and I couldn't get it to tune for nothing, problem I was having is I couldn't get a pass thru on the paper. Just kidding by way, shoot what you like who cares what anybody else thinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.