Archery Talk Forum banner

equipment for indoor nationals

792 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  archeryal 
#1 ·
Good day;
I am considering shooting in the indoor nationals in Va in march.
I have a question about the equipment rules.
I shoot a Hoyt Faktor 34 with a fixed 5 pin sight and a short stabilizer and a release I also shoot Easton Fatboy 500 arrows the set up launches an arrow at 305 fps.
Also I am not sure what class i would be in other than masters based on age.
any input would be great
Thank you
have a good weekend
Jay

#3 ·
As midway noted, you would be shooting in the compound division for whatever your age category. There are no other equipment distinctions for compound other than release or fingers for the masters classes (no fingers class in the senior division). That said, I would seek out additional clarification on whether you can use the 5 pin sight? At one point the sight rules were set to allow only a single fixed reference point because multiple points/pins could be set up and used as a rangefinder. I know, not an issue for an indoor event, but I thought the rules were set up for all types of shooting events including FITA Field where multiple pins could be used for rangefinding. I don't know if this has been relaxed for USAA compound or not?

>>------->

#6 ·
Compounds can use a single moveable pin sight, but I believe they decided a multi-pin sight would be acceptable because they do not offer a competetive advantage. No lighted sights are allowed, (removing the batteries should be satisfactory) and a chemical light stick can be used with the sight, but should be largely encased to avoid distracting other archers. Fiber optics are acceptable.

I suggest that you read the applicable sections of the rule book on the USA Archery website, including clothing regulations (no blue jeans or camo clothes; must wear closed-toe shoes).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.