Archery Talk Forum banner

Magazine-fed crossbow project

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  FearNot 
#1 ·
Greetings greetings, fellow archers!

I've been a lurker around these parts for a few years now, but it's time I emerged from the shadows. I'm a graduate student in industrial design, and an archer instructor in my free time.
I'm taking a special topics course where we are encouraged to build something we want, as opposed to something constrained by those boring factors of market practicality and audience size.
In fact, we were supposed to "make it weird" to captivate a smaller, tighter group and I went with designing a crossbow that meets the demanding needs of the survival enthusiast/disaster prepper.

I'd like to take you along for the ride, which will be a fast and furious 15 weeks. In that time I'll be designing, building the functional prototype and shooting a video to explain it.

I'm trying to get some input from those passionate in the crossbow community, so please follow my blog and make comments!

https://therocketalk.wordpress.com/

(I know the layout itself is pretty poor right now, so I'd also appreciate advice on that as well)

Thank you much for your time and I hope to hear from you!

Joseph

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.