Archery Talk Forum banner

Archerytalk Managing attachments and adding Photos to your threads: (video).

3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  tote 
#1 ·
Hi everyone
Some folks seem to struggle with adding photos to threads and I hate the instructions that AT has in their FAQ section on how to add manage photos so I created this 5 min video.
Enjoy, feedback is welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ29xZvYGQ4

#5 ·
Thank you. Excellent "how to".

Go

#9 ·
It took me forever to figure it out on my Iphone, but when I did figure it out, it was a very simple mistake I was doing.

#15 ·
Got my first pic ever up from my phone! Thanks Brent!
:thumbs_up :wink: I see you got it, so I will post the instructions I gave you.

I have the Iphone 5s and here is what I do.
1. Tap on the insert image icon
2. Insert Image tab will appear, make sure From Computer is shaded grey, go down and tap on no file selected.
3. Take Photo or Video, Photo Library, Cancel will appear, tap on Photo Library.
4. Choose your photo and tap on it.
5. Insert image tab will reappear again with a tiny little picture of the photo you chose, now tap on Upload File(s). It should now complete itself.
Sometimes it takes a few seconds for it to load, but it should. It has told me that it failed before, but I repeated the steps and it worked the second time for me. I don't think that the images need or can be resized. I hope this works for some of you that are having trouble with it.
Brent.

#16 ·
I try a lot to post pics from my iPhone 5c and no matter how many times I try I get the message:

http://www.archerytalk.com
Image.jpg: Upload of file failed

Then there is a "Ok" button I have to click on to make it go away. I can try it 5-10 times and it will not work. I don't have a computer to use. Very frustrating to say the least. What am I doing wrong??

If I choose "take photo" my camera doesn't want to work, it's just a solid black screen and won't even attempt to take a picture. My camera works fine too, I use it almost daily. Just on this site it won't work for some reason

#19 ·
I wonder if tap to talk can auto manipulate file size? I'm guessing the default setting on most cell phones creates a file that is too big. I've never used tap to talk since I work as a computer guy I'm sitting in front of the computer all day. However now I'm getting curious perhaps I should fiddle my way through that too. Probably wouldn't hurt to experiment and find the actual required file limit size too.

#20 ·
for those with out the acumen for resizing photos here is a quick and dirty way to do it.

#26 ·
Never too old to learn something new.
Thanks for posting.
I just subscribed to your channel too.
TONS of great information.
Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.