Thread: Is the PSE STINGRAY OUTDATED

Is the PSE STINGRAY OUTDATED

Is the PSE Stingray with the lightning 3 cam outdated and is it worth buying. NEED some opinions please

the stingray should still be a good bow for hunting. If memory serves me correct it is like 30 or 32 ata. The lightning cams have some shock but nothing you can't work with. I shot a lightning 2 cam for a number of years. What you relly need to be concerned about if the bow is used is how well it was taken care of. As long as it is structurally sound you are good to go.

Marc

Love mine. Short A to A ,short draw(27 1/2) & shooting around 260 fps. very quiet also.
    Had mine for 2 yrs, shoot 3-4 days a week; no problems.

the stingray is a great little bow. i have had mine since 02 and now use it as a backup bow for hunting and a loaner bow at our club. it does have more hand shock and the cam definately is not as smooth as some of the newer bows but it is definately a shooter. outdated? maybe a bit, but i know a bunch of people still harvesting animals with bows from the 80s.
    APA Innovations
    APA King Cobra, APA Viper, APA Mamba X1

outdated really depends on what your use is for the bow.......

if you are a hunter and don't do alot of competative shooting it will kill deer as dead as it would out of the box...........
    Stage 1 Strings

Xpedition Xring 6

the stingray is still a good bow and will do great for someone wanting a short axled bow for blinds or treestands or spot and stalk. the l3 cam is a nicer cam and was a great addition to the pse line. it is not outdated they just dropped it from the lineup
    rob k