Archery Talk Forum banner

Lone Wolf Sit & Climb or Hand Climb?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Devilfan 
#1 ·
Those of you that have them which is best the sit & climb or the hand climber? Easiest to set up, carry in, and climb with.

#2 ·
I haven't worked with a Hand Climber, but looking at it they seem like they would climb the same. The only differences to me would be the seat on the Sit and Climb is more comfortable and the bar is nice to swing up so I can rest my arms and head on it while I'm snoozing. By the way, I use my Sit and Climb just like the pictures show the Hand Climber being used.

#3 ·
You know i purchased the hand climber because of the light weight. . .but i also purchased the alpha hang on and 4 sticks. I tell ya i use the hang on and sticks more than i have used the hand climber. Feel safer, just as fast to set up if not faster and i can get it around bigger trees without having to worry about leveling it later. Granted it is a bit more to lug in but i feel much more comfortable with it. . .again this is just my 2 cents

#6 ·
I have both. I don't think either one is easier to climb with. I think they are both fairly easy. I can climb a little faster with the hand climber because I can take bigger "bites" while climbing. The SNC is more comfortable, I do bring a cushion for it, though. The HC has a foam cushion, but is not overly comfortable. FWIW, I do have a bad back.

I haven't used the hand climber in a long time, even though it is lighter and more compact to carry in and out. I like the HC in that it is more "open" when you are up in the tree. I would use it all the time except you cannot fold it up against the tree quietly if a deer is close. I like to stand flat against the tree for cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.