Archery Talk Forum banner

Team 5 - CLUCK IT

15K views 318 replies 13 participants last post by  fmhoyt 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 2015 ArcheryTalk Spring Turkey Contest (10th Annual). If one member from your team could send a PM to each of the other members with their team number or a link to the team thread, that would help the rest of your guys and gals locate the thread. There is also a thread with hunters’ names sorted alphabetically with their team numbers.

Please use this thread for discussion purposes, posting trail camera pictures, and anything you feel like discussing amongst your team. We wish each and every one of you a safe and successful season! Once your team has checked in and a team name is chosen, please have one member post your team name in the Team Name Registration thread in the League Play section and the name will be added to the title of this thread. Team names come on a first come, first serve basis.

Please review the rules sticky thread at the top of the League Play Turkey Hunting Contest Forum and especially know what types of photographs are required for scoring (IMPORTANT: YOUR BOW MUST BE IN THE PICTURE).

Good luck!

Randy & Tom

archerykid13
asmith4
baddeerhunter
Bones816
fmhoyt
hawkdriver55
hunterhewi
jewalker7842
Kaizoku
tpetrain

See less See more
#16 ·
Got home this morning and heard a few turkeys out in the peach orchard. Ran in and got my slate and started calling to them. The first call got 2 toms gobbling back. After that they treated me like I was the plague. I set on the edge of the peaches for about 10 minutes banging out some clucks and purrs. I heard some soft clucks to my right and there were about 12 hens on the other side of this small hill. They were about 50 yards from me. The 2 toms walked across the orchard toward the trees and the hens slowly worked their way in to the orchard. Hope they hang around for 3 more weeks.

#22 ·
Changed my mind... I'm going to go over today and put a camera up right where my blind will be. Gonna set it on video and see what we get! Turkeys always use this little piece of high ground to feed and strut.

#25 ·
Pic is from 1/22. They won't be flocked up like that this spring! I have had pretty good luck there tho. 2 toms in last 3 years. No shots in 2013. Had 2 toms in range but didn't get into the dekes and I had a camera aimed at them. Promised myself I wouldn't shoot until I had good video.

#27 ·
looks like a sweet set up. I am going hog hunting over the weekend to try and scratch the itch while waiting for turkey season. Hope to have some pictures to share with you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.