Archery Talk Forum banner

First Lite Fusion or ASAT?

11K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  TauntoHawk 
#1 ·
I hate to be one of those guys, but I'm trying to decide on a new pattern. I sold all of my Sitka Forest & think I'm going to change directions & go with First Lite. Originally I was planning on going with the new Fusion pattern, but don't know if it has been tried & tested enough. I've had FL ASAT in the past including the North Branch Pants, Stormtight & Puffy & I did like it. I'm thinking of a new Sanctuary parka & bibs as well as a Northbranch set. Im about 80% Midwest whitetail & 20% western, but I have some Kuiu Vias for that. I'll also mix in a little Cabela's Outfitter camo. Opinions & experiences with the new Fusion?

#13 ·
I feel like this really hits the nail on the head. I LOVE how the fusion pattern works. It looks awesome and I am really tempted to try it - however - with that being said, I don't really see any reason to go against the ASAT. I feel like there are two chapters in my hunting - before-ASAT and after ASAT. I have just had animals look right through me with ASAT on at any distance. I love the fusion, but the asat is proven.

#9 ·
I started with ASAT but went with the fusion when it first came out. I first ordered the Kanabs, gloves, gaiter, chama hoody to get me buy the early season. Man, I had whitetail with in 5 yards never bust me, they would stare but never spook. I just ordered the stormtight set, and the tech fleece to add to the pieces I have.

#15 ·
I really like the Fusion. I may sell some of my UA Realtree outer layers and buy some for this year. Just personal taste, I kill deer just fine in Realtree so it's just me wanting new gear [emoji2] .

#18 ·
I got my First Lite order last week. I got it in the Chama Shirt, base layer bottoms and the North Branch Jacket all in fusion. They didn't have the pants in my size so I will order them later. I think the pattern will work good here in KS with the timbered east and open western terrain. I plan on using them for turkey hunting in a week. The Jacket did seem a little noisy but hoping it will lessen after washing it.

#21 ·
I have the sanctuary in fusion and love it. It looks like a cross b/w kuiu vias and asat with a little green thrown in. I have some Sitka optifade also, and I have always thought it appeared to dark, but the deer sure do not. I have been wrapped up in deer and never had them look twice at me. I really think as long as your still and play the wind, what camo you wear is a mute point. I have probly killed more deer with a windshear shirt from cabelas that is the duck camo than any other thing I have.

#23 ·
I can promise you don't need the green to hide you. ASAT works great in any season. The Browns are the key to hiding you and getting animals to look past you. Spring turkey is the same situation.

You will never get you camo to black out like so many other patterns do.

#24 ·
For the OP if you like the quality of the Sitka gear...you get stick it out and wait from the new optifade whitetail pattern...to me looks about as good as fusion or predator brown deception.

#28 ·
I should be getting my new fusion jacket in the mail in the next week or 2. Worked with the exceptional FL CS to trade in my new jacket in realtree xtra for the fusion pattern. Once I get it in I will see if I can get out and take some field shots. Might need to wait a few week though. I could take it out into the field while I turkey hunt (since it will most likely be way too warm to wear).

#27 ·
Camo pattern discussions remind me of when I was tying flyfishing flies commercially. An old timer told me we weren't tying flies to catch fish we were tying them to catch fisherman. ASAT works even though frankly to me it looks like crap. That's because animals see differently than humans. I have ASAT First Lite and I also bought some Fusion but realistically only because my human eyes thinks it looks good. Buy what works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.