Archery Talk Forum banner

Well I pulled the trigger on a PSE Fang

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bea175 
#1 ·
Just seems like alot of cb for $300. Hope I made a good choice. It was the Fang or the Barnett Recruit Compound. Thought maybe te extra 45fps may come in handy on down the road. Couldn't believe I got a 345fps with string silencers,picatinny rail. A real upgrade from the Jaguar though I did good this year with the Jag and got 3 deer.

#2 ·
I bought one too. I am still working on getting it set up. The inserts pulled out of all 3 bolts provided the first time I shot it. I am having trouble fining arrow/bolt inserts to fit. I picked up 0.297 Easton inserts that are too large and then 2117 arrow inserts that are also too large. I will get back at sighting in as soon as I get my bolts fixed. Also, I swapped out the scope with a Horton scope that is better that what PSE provided. OTHERWISE, seems like a good value at $300.

#3 ·
I had 1 insert pull out of the bolts they tossed in. they're cheap. I'm using Carbon Xpress aluminums 2219's I fletched with Duravanes till I can get better. I like Easton's much better. At 25yards this thing is tearing my target bag up. Gotta use target points, field points the bolts are sinking clean up to the fletches. Got some good punch to it. I've doneshot mine around 60 times and alls looking fine. I think I made a good choice.

#4 ·
Yeah the stock bolts absolutely sucked, that was my only complaint, i tosses them for bloodlines...no problems since

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.