Archery Talk Forum banner

2015 Hoyt Charger serving wear? Please help.

4K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Wenty 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm an new archer and just started about 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 2015 Hoyt Charger and is absolutely in love with it. I know what everyone is thinking, another Charger string problem... I'm new so I'm not sure what to look out for wears. This bow might have only had about 100 shots max and I just noticed today that my bottom serving only is having some wear compared to the rest. I want to thank everyone in advance!
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/HOYT%20%281%20of%202%29.jpg?_subject_uid=138904972&w=AAD8IKmoUEY3M3RWVmvE7AySYUBQTh5tqJTT5j5KXCx_8w
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/HOYT%20%282%20of%202%29.jpg?_subject_uid=138904972&w=AABzBBaivx916dRW5QeRQkhHsVr8ZO5HpNY9km84xi_DUA

#2 ·
Your pics are not working but if what you are saying is you are having serving wear around the bottom cam you probably have to much cam lean. You need to to twist the yokes and take some lean out. If you just started you will need to take it back to the shop and tell them to check the cam lean because you will need a press to fix it.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Perfectly normal. You should see what it can look like from cams that are more extreme. My RPM360 cable serving is 10x worse than that.

#8 ·
I would love to see your strings on that 360. I'm paranoid because I've read that people had their 2013 Hoyt Chargers blow up in their hand...

#18 ·
So you think on a hoyt or pse or any hybrid cam bow you can only get the cam lean out of the top cam and you can't do anything with the bottom? On a hoyt the top cam is leaning like this\ and the bottom cam is leaning like / because of the pull on the cables by the roller gaurd rite. If you put twists into the right yoke to bring that top cam back toward straight that bottom cam is moving too. The cams are tied together you can't move the top cam without affecting the bottom cam, if you move one you move both.

#22 ·
Your not moving the bottom cam enough through the top yoke! You can change the top cam lean easily through the top yoke. The change to bottom is very minor and doesn't have any discernible impact. Your talking about splitting hairs. You don't correct bottom lean through the top yoke. Not how any tuner would handle bottom lean...not how it's done.

#19 ·
Very interesting but would you guys say a little bit of cam lean is normal. Cause my bow shoots perfect bullet holes through paper tuning. Would you guys sacarfice a bit of lean for perfect bullet hole or vice versa?

#20 ·
Your charger should have a little prelean in the cams at rest, that way when you pull the bow back the cams will be straight. If you took all the leanout it would shoot good. You won't have any probablems with the 15 charger its a heck of a bow for the moneyI bought y son a black charger this year and I have shot it quite a bit. Its a slower than my nitrum turbo but it shoots great and he likes it alot.

#25 ·
Just because the bow has cam lean doesnt mean it wont shoot lights out. My Helim shoots and tunes better with some top cam lean. Only reason i mess with the cam lean to begin with is to get my paper tuning nailed down. I center the rest and yoke tune my bow til it shoots bullet holes and it works like a charm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.