Archery Talk Forum banner

crossbow broadheads

514 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TEXASFAN85 
#1 ·
Do most of you shoot mechanical or fixed blade broad heads out of your crossbows?
Also, state what why, and what broad head works best for you. I am looking to get my first crossbow for an elk hunt this fall, and wanted information on broad heads specific to crossbow usage.

#2 ·
I have had awesome results with Slick Trick 125gr Standards and Magnums and you will be hard pressed to find a head that is tougher or more consistent in performance.... However a lot depends upon your crossbows speed and the quality of your arrows as to accuracy from any broadhead...

#3 ·
I currently shoot NAP Spitfire 100 grain mechanical's. I prefer a fixed blade so I have been playing around to see what works. I shoot thunderheads out of my compound but have yet to get them to fly out of my Crossbow so still tinkering.....

#4 ·
I have had great performance from Slicktrick 100gr Mag and Toxic 100gr broadheads Both shoot to same point of aim as field tips, Always a pass thru and fantastic blood trails. I have used them on all big game from deer to elk, bear and hogs. Never had an issue!
I like the Toxic as the wound channel in makes is awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.