Archery Talk Forum banner

Gearhead Archery Crossbow?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jthomas218 
#1 ·
Well,its April 2nd and no crossbow Looks like Gearhead or someone else pulled an April fools on us

#3 ·
:set1_signs009: Or maybe it just got caught in the STORM,,,,,:confused3:

#5 ·
Gearhead Archery never said we were coming out with a crossbow....

The bow is NOT a copy of a liberty bow. Secondly, we have a number of unique patent pending features that no other bow has like being able to convert to a true right or left
handed bow in minutes without a bow press. Also, the bow uses a rock SOLID two track cam system that is super smooth and feels like any large bow. If you have not SHOT one
how can you rate it.

Gearhead Archery has sold all the other crossbow and bow patents that we had to Mathews and this is public record. We came out with this bow because we wanted a super compact EXTREME bow that could shoot like a large bow at half the size. We have a 60,000 sq ft facility in Wisconsin where we build robotic equipment and the NEW T18 bow. Eventually we will come out with other products.

www.gearheadarchery.com

Paul

#7 ·
Only if Mathews gets their heads out of their butts and opens up online selling...their "it not a bow" vertical only dealers are hurting them more than they will admit...
Wyvern

#10 ·
I agree, I could buy a new MXB360 on super sale for $599 right now, but I had a conversation with the folks at Mission that kind of turned me off to them. I was curious if I could buy parts directly from them, say the strings and cables that they say you can change yourself. The answer to that was no, parts and any service you may need must go through a dealer. Which lead me to ask, what if my local Mission dealer packs up, or goes out of business, then could you sell me wear parts or could I send the bow directly to you? They answered that with a firm no, and said that they didn't think my dealer would close up shop, but if he did I would just have to find another dealer. Also, the tech at Mission told me that while you technically could change the strings they recommended that all work be done by a Mission dealer, and that they would not give me the procedure to replace the cables, or time the thing. That didn't sit very well with me, so I kind of counted them out. If they changed their policy that you had to do everything through the dealer, I'd probably be interested in some of their bows.

#13 ·
'I find that strange as far as string and cable changes go, because they have video's on their web site showing you how to do it. I have bought accessory parts from 2 different dealers without issue and both were very accomodating. Cam timing is pretty simple. there are timing marks on the cams and the adjustment is as simple as adding or removing a twist or 2 more or less in the yoke to adjust it. I did suggest they add a timing video to their on-line library. Their have been several old model 360's for sale lately on sites like ebay being sold as new. Mission keeps track of registration and serial numbers and if a bow has ever been registered or bootlegged by a rogue dealer the warranty is void. Keep that in mind on those super sale deals. Know what you are buying.

#14 ·
Yeah, I had seen the video on changing strings, but not one on changing cables which was why I asked if they were going to put out a video, or had a procedure that owners could call up and get. Also, I had seen a caution note on pg. 10 of the 2015 owners manual that basically said that Mission recommends that all maintenance and repairs of Mission crossbows should be done by an authorized dealer. Directly below that caution note is a danger note stating that failure to comply with this requirement may cause, amongst other terrible things, voiding of the warranty. The order of those notes kind of made me paranoid that they were indirectly saying that doing your own maintenance and string changes could void the warranty, which is one of the main reasons I called to clear up all my questions.

After some pressing, the tech said that he didn't think changing your own strings would void the warranty, but that they highly recommended you take it to a Mission dealer to have them change the strings. To be clear, my local dealer is a nice enough guy, and the folks I talked to at Mission were courteous and helpful. I don't have anything bad to say about the people related to the operation, I just don't think the "You must deal with us through a dealer" business model they've chosen will work for me. It's their business though, and they should run it how they see fit.

As for the 360, It is a legitimate new bow, and is being sold at the Scheels in Minot, ND. I actually saw it when I was up there on a business trip a couple months ago (at that time it was $699), its been shot a few times to demo in the store, but is otherwise new. I've talked to their archery guy a couple times on the phone and he said they are just cutting the price to move it as it's been sitting on the shelf a little too long. He made it sound like they weren't going to carry 360's any more, but were just going to carry 320's, Daggers and Sniper lites. I don't know why that would be, but I was really just looking at 360's because I think I might need the power for Elk. If I was just woods-hunting deer like I used to down south, the Dagger would be really tempting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.