Archery Talk Forum banner

QAD Rest Installation

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mvcsimons 
#1 ·
QAD LD / Mathews Apex 8

First question: where to position rest on riser? closer to or farther away from shelf ( over draw )

I see more and more folks putting it all the way back, is there a reason for this.

second question: Here is where I need help - How to install cord to cable

if I want to tie the cord to the down cable, using a D loop knot.
not wanting to serve cord thur down cable
not wanting to use cable clamp

My rest does not have a screw on rest, to secure cord, cord moves freely thur hole

I understand how the cord sets itself, by pulling thur the cable and pulling thur the clamp, but if you tie a d loop knot first, and the rest has no screw to secure the cord, then what

Thanks for any help
Johnny

See less See more
#2 ·
---
QAD LD / Mathews Apex 8

First question: where to position rest on riser? closer to or farther away from shelf ( over draw )

Far enough from The riser so the the launcher falls as far as it will go without hitting the shelf.

I see more and more folks putting it all the way back, is there a reason for this.

second question: Here is where I need help - How to install cord to cable

if I want to tie the cord to the down cable, using a D loop knot.
not wanting to serve cord thur down cable
not wanting to use cable clamp

My rest does not have a screw on rest, to secure cord, cord moves freely thur hole

I understand how the cord sets itself, by pulling thur the cable and pulling thur the clamp, but if you tie a d loop knot first, and the rest has no screw to secure the cord, then what

Use the 'd-loop' method, cock the rest, and draw back so the the rest comes up to 90* about 1" before full draw. You can fine tune by moving the d-loop knot up/down until you get it perfect. Then serve above the d-loop knot so it won't slide up any further.

Thanks for any help
Johnny

#3 ·
Hi,
Marry the rest against the riser. A lot of folks are putting it farther back to lose grains from the arrow. The rest will be less stable in that position. Next....I used to use a d-loop but will never do that again...slips in wet weather and I even had an inch of serving above it. I use the clamp...they will not hurt the cable and will not slip. May be ugly but it works...period. Cheers!
Fred

#4 ·
Ive tied so many serving knots trying to get that darn d loop not to slip. I currently have over an inch of serving back served and super tight and I just noticed today that the d loop knot has raised again. I HATE the looks of the clamp but that may have to be the answer.

#7 ·
Try serving with larger diameter material above the knot. I haven't had any problems doing that method on my bows and only using scraps of .014 Halo and about 3/8" of serving above the knot but maybe larger would help you. Also make sure that when your rest is all the way up, it's not pulling way too hard on the cord and that you tie the knot so that it's being pulled tighter every time with the cord coming off the top of the knot and not the bottom.

Product Line Amber Orange Metal

#10 ·
I have used the clamp and had the screws come lose after a lot of shots . but when it came lose it did do damage to the cable. and tried the d-loop and that didn't hold . So I split the down clabe served it in that way and have been shooting it that way and it looks better that way to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.