Archery Talk Forum banner

What does it cost you for a Hunting License in your state?

3K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  spookinelk 
#1 ·
What is the cost for a Hunting license in your state and what does that allow you to hunt for ? What is the cost for a Combo Hunting Fishing?

It cost me $43 for a hunting license that includes the Upland Bird hunting permit. The cost for a Resident Hunting fishing license plus the trout stamp upland bird stamp and duck stamps the cost is $105....

. For me to just apply for a tag, like this year the cost was $52 just to apply..........................Thats not for the tags but just for the application fees to apply .. If I get a tag its more.

Now if I draw a Deer Tag the cost is $30 An Antelope tag is $60 A Black Bear Tag is $100 An Elk Tag is $120 So if Im really lucky and I draw all four like I put in for I still have to pay $310 for my tags.............................So the total for a Hunting Fishing license plus the application fees and the tags would be $467

#16 ·
In BC. Canada it is $32.00 to hunt all game with tags being extra but as I am a senior my licence is $7.00 but tags cost the same. Tags range from $8.00 for lynx to $70.00 for bison, deer are $15.00, Elk $25.00, Moose $25.00, Mountain sheep $60.00 to name a few. That is for resident hunters.

#18 ·
I pay $25 for a combo hunting and fishing which only covers small game and no upland birds or waterfowl.

Deer tags are around $25/deer. I only buy one since without anyplace to really hunt I usually don't fill that one.

For turkey, you have to buy the tag and an upland bird habitat stamp. I guess it's somewhere around $30. I don't buy one of those because the only place I have to turkey hunt is the state WMA where access is by drawing and they only let you hunt half the day in the spring season. When you're limited to weekends, 1/2 day and by drawing, that doesn't make for much of a season. Oh, and you have to buy the tag BEFORE you can enter the drawing.

#19 ·
In Virginia; State Hunting-23.00 Bear,Deer Turkey tags- 23.00 [1 bear, 3 turkeys, 6 deer ] Archery and Black powder - 18.00 each Nat'l Forest 4.00 State Forest 16.00. Not cheap but if you have time, a lot of fun to be had. We have a lot of State and National Forest land around too. If you want a HUGE deer it would take a lot of looking around, but for nice deer they are plentyfull. Thanks, Roy

#20 ·
This is from 2015 Illinois Regulation Book.

Resident Hunting Lic. $12.50
Habitat Stamp $5.50
Duck Stamp $15.50
Deer Firearm Permit Resident Lottery ES $42.50
Resident Doe Tag $18.00 ea.
Deer Muzzlerloader Permit Resident Lottery ES $42.50
Resident Doe Tag $18.00 ea.
Deer Archery Permit $26.00
Doe Tag $15.00 ea.
Turkey Archery Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun/Archery Spring permit $15.00 limit of 3 = $45.00

It's $250.00 without extra doe tags for gun and bow, late season $18.50, Special Hunt Area $17.50, Chronic Wasting Disease Permit $5.50 + whoever you buy all of them from add their commission to each one...also you have to buy a FOID Card if resident and using gun.

#23 ·
Here in Idaho for a resident the Hunt/Fish Combo is 33.50, Archery Permit is 18.25, Deer Tag is 19.75, Elk Tag is 30.75, Antelope is 31.25, Bear 11.50 - about all I usually mess with. Non-Residents take a much bigger hit. The Hunt/Fish Combo license is 240, Archery Permit is 20.00, Deer Tag is 301.75, Elk is 416.75, Antelope is 311.75, Bear 186.00. Out of Staters better have a grand to burn for the standard Deer/Elk hunt. The biggest problem is that most of the general hunts are not very good with lots of hunters and little game. It takes a few years to figure out where they are and how to hunt them.

#28 ·
Firearms small game /all waters fishing $38
Archery small game w/4 deer tags $41 (2 either sex, 2 does)
Spring turkey tags $19 (state land 2, private land 3 bearded only)
Fall turkey tags $19 (2 birds state / private)
Pheasant stamp $28
Firearms Deer permits $19 (number of tags varies depending on state land /private land)
Revolver endorsement $5

Thats CT
I don't bother with anything from pheasant stamps down.

Pete

#29 ·
If I hunted, it wouldn't cost me a thing here in VT.
As a land owner I can hunt my own land without a license, so long as I don't post the land to other hunters.
Another one of the ways the VT DEC is trying to keep lands open to hunting and hunters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.