Archery Talk Forum banner

Long rod/arrow/sight alignment

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  montigre 
#1 ·
Hello!

I recently bought a long rod for my recurve bow that i use for target archery and have a few queries about it.

If i nock an arrow and look down on the bow from above, there is quite a noticeable angle between the long rod and the arrow; the long rod is perpendicular to the face of the bow and the arrow is pointing off to the right (I shoot left handed). I am aware that the arrow is not meant to be completely in line with the string, but I am not sure which is meant to be pointing directly at the target, the long rod or the arrow? When I point the arrow straight at the target then the long rod, which is then pointing off to the left, causes my bow to torque on release and swing into my bow arm. The bit of metal that the sight is attached to is also slightly angled with respect to the long rod; that is more in line with the arrow.

Hopefully I have explained my questions clearly, i can provide pictures if required?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I think you'd get better and more response in the Traditional Forum.

#3 ·
Your stabilizer bushing may not have been tapped to center, or more likely, your limbs need to be shimmed a bit to bring things more inline, but how much would depend on what your groups are looking like, if you're shooting traditional or using a plunger (would have to balance shimming with plunger pressure) and the like.

If your shooting a traditional set up, like Sonny stated above, you'll get better responses from the Trad forum. If you're shooting Olympic recurve, then the FITA forum is where you want to ask. Very seasoned shooters on both forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.