Archery Talk Forum banner

Opinions on hunting boots?

3K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  newview 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new set of hunting boots. I'm looking for a boot that is water proof and light, a boot that can cover a lot of miles while staying comfortable. I had a pair of under armours and I loved them, however I am looking to go to a different brand. I'd like to hear some opinions on bands of boots that you guys are liking.

#5 ·
Muck

#12 ·
I bought a pair of Irish Setter Vaprtrek boots in September of last year. Best hunting boots I've ever owned. Comfortable, lightweight, good support, and holding up very well. The boots come either uninsulated or 400 gram thinsulate. I have the uninsulated version for turkey hunting, dove hunting, bow season from September through early mid November.

#13 ·
I've got the aeroheads they are great. If you want an all leather mountain type boot spent the extra money and get a pair of Meindl perfekt hunters. They are unbelievably comfortable and you can wear them all day walking with no wet or sore feet.

#14 ·
The OP lives in the West...rubber boots like muck etc. are worthless here....Kenetrek,Meindl, Lathrop and Sons, are great high end stuff and Danner Pronghorns are decent for a whole lot less. You really need to try them on and see what fits you as all feet are different.

#18 ·
I went with Danner high ground. Week long hunt in country for Mountain Goats and they held up great. I originally had the Vaportrek's which are great but returned them when one of them rubbed my ankle raw. went to look at Pronghorns but left with these due to comfort.

#23 ·
Thank you everyone for your input. I went with a pair of Red Wing or Irish Setter Vaprteks. They are a great boot! I am a Wyoming boy so I put on a lot of miles. They have really held up great through this shed season. Again thanks everyone for your input I became familiar with a lot of great boots.

#25 ·
I second the meindl's. I have had a pair for 2 seasons now going on 3rd. I live in northern nevada but have worn these boots in hot 90 to 100 degree August archery hunts late November elk even calling coyotes in December January in 2 plus feet of snow.

Don't think I will ever buy another brand of boot. Very comfortable very durable!

#31 ·
I have a pair of Danners (I think TFX Hunter?) they have been the best boots I've owned. Very light and great tread patter for climbing all over the Rocky's chasing elk. I've had them prob 7-8 years now and they still in great shape and comfortable. Not sure if they still have this model but anything Danner will be a good boot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.