Archery Talk Forum banner

First time with an archery coach. (Mike Farmer)

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mike 66 
#1 ·
I have been shooting archery off and on for 34 years mostly for hunting. I finally decide to try an archery coach. I called Mike Farmer a certified archery coach. So far I have had one session with him for 2 hours. He was able to help me immensely. Since the session I have been shooting more accurately. I have some bad habits that keep coming back and it shows in accuracy. When that happens I step back regroup and start over and practice what Mike taught me and the accuracy comes back. Funny how that works. I will be calling Mike again when I,m ready to learn more.
Mike was more than fair with his fee. Great coach. Much better than some of the competition pistol and rifle instructors I have used in the past. Thanks Mike

#5 ·
I met Mike in a local archery shop. Another customer was offering me some advice and asked Mike to confirm. Mike very quietly confirmed and expanded on the advice.
I had no idea Mike was an archery coach. I thanked Mike for the advice and then he informed he was a coach if I was interested in help.
I called Mike a few weeks later and set up a time and pl
Some of the things I like about Mike is that the whole session was focused on me and only on me. He never made me feel stupid or belittled me. He listened to what I had to say and answered all my questions completely.
Most of all, I liked that he did not waist my time bragging on himself or tried to impress me with his achievements. Unlike some of the firearms instructors I have had in the past.
I pay money to learned how to improve my skill not to hear how awesome the instructor is or thinks he is.
Bottom line I want to walk away with improvement and that is exactly what I got with Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.