Archery Talk Forum banner

Newbie in Wisconsin

528 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  greatthosu 
#1 ·
Hey, guys just wanted to introduce myself and possibly ask a question. I'm a newbie in Wisconsin and have never really shot a bow, till I started shopping for one. I am a falconer, and farm for a living. I have access to plenty of land to bow hunt on and would like to take up deer hunting and turkey hunting and being a falconer I spend a good amount of time out west so mule deer, and elk may be on my plate in the future. All that being said I really don't have a budget and would like to purchase a nice bow, but I'm hesitant to show up to the range with the best of everything and look like a fool not knowing how to shoot. Out of the bows I've shot I've really enjoy the prime alloy, the hoyt carbon, and the bowtech prodigy. Anyone willing to sare their opinion, or make recommendations. I'm all ears and haven't made my mind up yet. I hope I catch on, and excited about all the possibilities l. Thank for your time, Mike.

#6 ·
Welcome!!!

I'm about a half hour west of Beloit. If you're interested in Elite or PSE bows, check out TAZ archery in Woodstock Illinois. Fantastic shop with fantastic people.

Don't set yourself on any bows without shooting a bunch first. Just looking at specs means nothing IMO. I was dead set on Mathews or Hoyt before shooting a bunch. Ended up with Elite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.