Archery Talk Forum banner

T3 or Grim Reaper

727 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  148p&y 
#1 ·
Was going to shoot the rage ss but really wanted to try a 3 blade, Shooting a ACC 3-39 370 grain at 272FPS need some help deciding between the T3 and Grim Reaper for whitetail only, Pro's and Con's also was worried if the halfout on the arrow would hold up. Thanks

#5 ·
I'd side with the Reaper after using both. If I was comparing 1.5" to 1.5" heads. G5 seemed duller. I had two WTFs with the G5s and had a buddy say I was nuts the T-3 are awesome only to have the same thing happen to him a week later. Both old 6yr old plus bucks hit mid ribs both deer went forever kinda like the T bone deer. We both found our deer but took alot of searching. The only reason I tried the T3 was nobody had the Reapers in stock. The 1.5" Reapers are very strong takes a bunch to break them. I've taped two shoulder blades together and had them still blow through with no damage.

#7 ·
I believe the reapers are one the toughest expandable broadheads on the market.

#8 ·
I've shot both and would pick the T3 of the two. This is based entirely on blood trail. Never lost a deer to either head but had much better blood trail with the T3's. All dbl lung shots. I like everything about the Reapers except the blood trails I've personally experienced with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.