Archery Talk Forum banner

Rinehart Booner Buck reviews?

9K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  enkriss 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a 3d target, ill only be shooting field points into it and i saw a good deal for a rinehart booner buck, and i was wondering how it has held up for people that has owned it.

If its anything like the Rinoblock i wont be disappointed.

#2 ·
I have the Rinehart woodland buck and I really like it. Has held up great. I'm gonna order the Boomer buck this summer. I like it because its bigger and the whole body is the self healing foam.

#3 ·
Not self healing on the body. I've missed the insert a few times and it leaves s hole. Insert seals up nice though. It's not a gaping hole but enough to notice. I also don't like how the rack falls off but not a deal breaker. It stops arrows good and easy to pull arrows out I like mine.

#5 ·
Yeah i read that also that the body is not self healing. hence the price difference between the rineharts with self healing bodies. How has the inserts held up for you guys.

#6 ·
Its held up very well....changing shot angle a little will make it last even longer....any target that lasts a full calender year without having to replace parts is a winner in my book and this one will make it to the year mark. I will say its not the target i shoot the most I have a rag bag and a rhino block that take the majority of the punishment....But i know my booner has well beyond a thousand shots into it.

#7 ·
I really like it. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

I do agree, the antlers stay in place during the shot, but fall off if the target moves a little as in removing the arrows.

Our target has taken many shots to the body and does not appear to be an issue. The holes close up real nice.

#10 ·
The broadhead buck is the one that the whole target is self healing signature series foam. I have a broadhead buck and it is a great target, although a bit on the small size (same body size and same insert as the woodland buck)

#15 ·
I have one of the broadhead bucks.... Biggest pos I've ever had. There is a steel rod in the leg that has claimed the life of quite few arrows and broadheads

#16 ·
Ouch thats a little harsh...I have my own little 3d course setup and 've had my broadhead buck for 2+ years and have put tons of arrows into it and it still looks new...I never knew that it had a steel rod in the leg because I've never shot it in the leg...I think its my best target out of my set (delta aimrite bear, basspro coyote, cabelas strutting tom, delta elite javelina)

#17 ·
I have had two broadhead bucks and now I am shooting a Woodland Buck. I also lost arrows to the rod in the leg of the broadhead buck not so with the WB. I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the Booner. Yeah it's about the size of a very young doe in IL but it makes me focus a bit more when shooting longer distances. I also bought my target at LAS as a blemish and you can't find anything wrong except a spot where the color is slightly off so worth the money.

#19 ·
The purchase is for my dad, he wants a target that simulates the size of a real deer. The woodland buck and the broadhead buck simulates a 100lb deer where the booner buck similates a 200lb deer. But i also dont want the deer to be shot up quickly, there will be 2 of us shooting at it so we need some longevity out of the target, it wont be our primary target as i have a rinoblock i also know how the rinehart cores hold up, my biggest question is weather if its worth to get the broadhead buck that has the premium foam throughout the whole target. I know the woodland foam sucks for durability and doesnt close the holes like the premium foam does.

#21 ·
It's about 3" to the right of the heart, I'll try to take a picture this evening of where it's at

#25 ·
So i pulled the trigger on the rinehart broadhead buck last night. My dad liked the idea of having rineharts best foam throughout the target not the woodland foam with the signature foam for just the core.

#28 ·
I just picked up the Woodland Buck target at Gander Mountain for $99.00!!! The box said blemished on it but it looks fine to me...didn't seem to matter if I'm gonna shoot it anyway.

#29 ·
Should have checked online, ebay has blemished woodland bucks for 79.99 with free shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.