Archery Talk Forum banner

Need help reducing arrow stiffness

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dchan 
#1 ·
Hello, a friend a of mine asked me this :

"Im currently using a 66" bow with 26" arrows at a draw weight of 24#. Currently using ACC 2-04 920 arrows but they're acting as they're too stiff. Draw length is 27". "

My friend is using KG limbs and a W&W riser. He's arrows are fitted with 80gr ACC points.

Here's a picture of mine which is the same as his; Pen Office supplies Wood Writing implement Pencil

So, what my friend needs help at is to reduce arrow stiffness. He's arrows seems to fly erratically, it's swaying from left to right as in fish tailing.

See less See more
#3 ·
Needs about a 1500-1800 spine arrow.

-Grant

#6 ·
I don't think he has much of a chance to get those arrows to work well with that setup. They are just too stiff. He might want to look into some Carbon Impact Super Clubs. Probably the 10-20s but someone smarter than me may have a better recommendation. Get your spine figured out with some inexpensive arrows like that. If he plans to stay in archery very long I doubt he'll stay at that size and weight of bow forever so there's not much reason to go with expensive arrows that he'll probably be replacing soon anyway. On second thought he could buy three of the 5-15s and three of the 10-20s. Make one of each a bare shaft and do some testing. Then whichever one works best just order some more.

#8 ·
I would need more accurate and complete information to give you much more help but he is over spined by a lot. Plunger and other tuning methods I doubt help.

Is 24lbs OTF or the rating on the limbs?
Are the arrows cut and if so what length?
Whats the rest of the rig configuration?
Sight, stabilizer, string type, BH, etc..

See my sticky thread for more information.

As mentioned you will probably need to be in the 1500-1800 range if those arrows are cut to 26". How did you measure the arrows?

DC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.