Archery Talk Forum banner

vap arrows

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jdcamo 
#1 ·
So everything i've read says that they're good. i'm thinking on them... What spine for my bow? As stated in the previous thread i shoot a Z7 mag @ 29" and 71lbs

Which arrow would you recommend? Anybody prefer outsert vs insert? Disadvantages on the micro diameter arrows in general? Victory Vap .166 Elite .001 Arrows are the arrows i'm talking about

While i'm at it any feedback on GK Broadheads? What would my arrow specs need to be if i was going to shoot the XXL head?

Thanks, Will

#3 ·
The disadvantage for me (pure 3D shooter) is, that the penetration is higher then with thicker shafts...so arrows go into the targets much deeper.

#4 ·
As a hunting shaft they are absolutely great, indestructible, fast, light with high foc, accurate and high penetration. I like the firenock aerooutsert as it makes the arrows real tough and they are hard to bend. The vap's are also great for target but penetrate alot so can be hard to pull out.

#5 ·
.300 spine...I have had the .001, .003, and .006 and for the money for hunting the .006 are just fine. I think you can stick with the penetrator 2 halfserts as of late I haven't had any bend like I did my first batch, so they must have strengthened them some. Also the firenock aero outserts are very tough. I haven't had any problems getting either outsert option to spin true. These arrows fly great. No disadvantages that I can think of. Any broadhead you want to run will be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.