Here are some pictures I just took of my European mount of the buck I took this year. It shows how really unique these antlers are.
If you look closely you can see a small nub off of the downward facing tine. This nub was really pressing into the tissue around his eye. It had to be painful for this guy to make a rub.
All said and done I think the project turned out pretty good. I skinned and fleshed the skull, then boiled it for 5 1/2 hrs. I used the garden hose to spray off the chunks as they loosened.
I had to wait a week for some sunshine so I could peroxide bleach it. I used normal drugstore 3% peroxide and set it in the sun in a small plastic tub. Every half hour for 3 hrs I would take a paper towel soaked in the peroxide and squeeze more peroxide onto the skull to keep it wet.
I wrapped the antlers in cling wrap so they wouldn't get bleached out with the skull.