Archery Talk Forum banner

Chest protectors??

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tuxdaddy 
#1 ·
ANyone know where I can purchase a chest protector??

I'm looking into one to see if it helps mine and my gf's accuracy...

Tux

#4 ·
What may be happening, is your Girlfriend is getting snapped on her nipple as the string goes by. What she needs to do, is put the string on the side of her breast that is closest to her armpit. The string should be close to the chest, not close to the nipple. Thus she will have to stand 90 degrees to the target. It is perfectly ok to draw the string into the side of her breast. But like Viper said... a chest protector is only good if the string is slapping some kid of material. If it is slapping skin, there is something else going on... Possibly a form that is need to be corrected slightly.

When women get nailed in the Nipple, they will get paranoid and start flinching. (heck, I don't blame them). Equate this, to when you had your very first cherry on your arm from the string slapping it. Not fun... and makes you a little paranoid for a while... And lets not forget, that some men have this same problem too....

Dwayne

#7 ·
Well, my GF is a bit endowed(44D), so they have gotten in the way at times when shooting, a bit.. She's been lucky enough not to get twanged too hard(otherwise archery would be over...LOL).. I just wanna make sure she gets the most out of archery is all...

As for me I'm having trouble when wearing my coat and shooting, so that is my reason for looking into them..

BTW, I SERIOUSL doubt my sweety would got to the extreme of cutting one off for the sake of shooting...lol She'd strapped them down with ace bandages maybe but thats as far as it'd go(THANK GOD):tongue: ...

Tux

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.