Thread: Bacc Off

Bacc Off

Anyone ever try this stuff called Bacc Off? It's supposed to help you quit chewing.
    I haven't bought a can of dip in a day or two because i just didn't want to but i do want to stop anyway.
    I did however scrape the bottom of every can in my truck and every can i had stashed at work.
    I like the feeling of having something in my lip and i LOVE the flavor....I just don't like the after affects.
    Is this stuff crap or with 2.00 a can?
    Straight will be the flavor.

Just where do you get this stuff? I would like to quit chewing, also, but have not had any luck trying it cold turkey. If you try it, let me know how it works.

Ted

I found something that works better!
    Last night I left a pack of Levi Garret in my pocket and it went through the washing machine . Wife not happy! With the butt chewing I got for that, I think I will just quit!

Someone here has had to try this stuff....I guess I should order some cause I sure wanna quit!

Quote Originally Posted by fasst
    Someone here has had to try this stuff....I guess I should order some cause I sure wanna quit!
    I'll try it for ya, but since I don't chew, I am certain it'll work for me....

Quote Originally Posted by IGluIt4U
    I'll try it for ya, but since I don't chew, I am certain it'll work for me....
    See - I was right...Glueman replies to every thread, even when he doesn't know anything about the subject.

I think you will catch BR Glueman.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova
    See - I was right...Glueman replies to every thread, even when he doesn't know anything about the subject.

I think you will catch BR Glueman.
    Damn you were right.....

That will never happen....
    If you can't back it with consistency and performance talking doesn't mean a thing.
    Keep one leg on each side and your mind in the middle!!!

Archerytalk.com, Archers Helping Archers...

Never found any of those substitutes that tasted worth a damn. Cold turkey was easiest. 3 years free now, but dang, the weight gain. I'm constantly munching on something.

Quote Originally Posted by KSwhitetailer
    Never found any of those substitutes that tasted worth a damn. Cold turkey was easiest. 3 years free now, but dang, the weight gain. I'm constantly munching on something.

I couldn't do the cold turkey thing.

Javi gave me the secret....... toothpicks. The plastic ones. The bacc off stuff wasn't worth a crap. You'd be better off to chew some tree bark.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTRE
    You'd be better off to chew some tree bark.
    That might just work!!!?!!???!

Quote Originally Posted by IGluIt4U
    That might just work!!!?!!???!

Or if you're REALLY tough try the leaves from Poison Oak. Guarantee that'll work.

And for the record, Lacquer Thinner works really good to stop the itching.

Not to hijack the thread, but the one thing that I found that works better than anything else to stop the itching of poison, ivy, oak, sumac, (insert other irritant here) is hot water. Hot to the point where your skin starts to tingle. Start out warm and continually up the temperature slowly until you can no longer stand it. Guaranteed to stop the itching for hours.

The bacc off was pretty bad. I chewed gum for a couple months. I'll be honest, It was really tough for me. I started in High School Baseball and quit at my family's request. (Damn tobacco counseling at school) Ask your family for patience and God for strength. Good luck.

Hunt Hard, Have Fun

I guess I am lucky, I stopped with no problems. In fact I can buy one pack and use it and not do it again for months.

I am no Dr., but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express Last Night!

You wont find any of the substitutes that taste anything like the real deal (it was skoal for me). However, dipstop.com is a great place for help. Esp the rewarding yourself part. I kept track of the money I saved and rewarded myself with a trip to Bass Pro and blew it all on fishing tackle (this was after 6 months).

Here'd the deal on quitting as I understand it (I am coming up on 4 years off of it and chewed for over 20). Nicotine is just like caffeine, cocaine, and most other drugs, it causes your brain to produce dopamine (?sp). I was told this is why they call it dope- it makes ya happy. It will take only about 2weeks for the nicotine in your body to be purged (after quitting cold turkey). So get the fake stuff and just tolerate it for a 2 week span (this is the toughest part of quitting). You will then be nictine free, and the rest is just breaking the habit of having it in your mouth. This will take a good while to get over, but chewing gum, jawbreakers, or whatever will help. I went to Wal-greens and stocked up on candy sweetened with splenda, the choices were pretty slim 4 years ago, but there are lots of them now, so weight gain can be held in check.

One other thing, and this is the heck of it. I was also told that afer having been a long time user- it takes your brain up to or over a year to start producing dopamine again at normal levels. That is the reality, and you wont notice it, but itis prob worth having the conversation with your wife about it.

One thing is for damn sure- the tobacco companies dont give a damn about your life, your health. your kids, your grandkids, or anything else about you except your money. For me, I had to get a little pissed about that in order to "get my mind right" about quitting.

Don't chew the straight!!! It's horrible and you can't kill the taste (believe me I tried and if drying it out and then using Jack Daniels to moisten it dosen't work nothing will ) If anything do the wintergreen even if you don't dip wintergreen I went from Skoal straight to Cope a few years later but never liked the wintergreen stuff. However it is a decent subistute, believe it or not for I while I was just dipping green tea as a substitute . The Bacc Off is just tea leaves so I would take an old tin and fill it with tea leaves from green tea bags. Also try doing a search on line for the ingredients in dip I spent some time a while ago when I was quitting. Here's a few from a quick search: http://www.entlink.net/healthinfo/to...it_tobacco.cfm

Polonium 210 (nuclear waste)
    N-Nitrosamines (cancer-causing)
    Formaldehyde (embalming fluid)
    Nicotine (addictive drug)
    Cadmium (used in car batteries)
    Cyanide
    Arsenic
    Benzene
    Lead (nerve poison)
    Last edited by Fletch Helical; December 21st, 2005 at 10:13 AM.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle