View Poll Results: What would you choose or what do you have?

Voters
262. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winners Choice

124 47.33%
  • Vapor Trail

138 52.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winners Choice Vs. Vapor Trail

Winners Choice Vs. Vapor Trail

Which would you choose or which do you havee?

I know Winners' Choice is super. Don't know anything about VT.

I've used winner's choice in the past with great luck. Never tried the vapor trails.

I'm a Vapor Trial kind of guy.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Vapor Trail has made me happy:: Gotta love their motto... Quit Your Crying

Winners Choice

I use Winners Choice and my friend uses Vapor Trails. He claimes that his strings are just as good as mine but he pays less. He may be right, but I have always had such a good experience with Winners Choice strings and the people who make them that I just can't bring myself to try something else.

Once I get my peep set it stays there. Perhaps a thousand shots later I may have to make a slight adjustment and then I'm good until it's time to replace the string altogether. Servings are always impeccable and when I ask for something special like extra long center serving for my STS it always comes the way I wanted it. What can I say?

I use Vapor Trail

Good strings and very affordable.
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Vapor Trail VTX

Good strings, and excellent service Jarods the man!!!!!

I have had great luck with Winners Choice and their customer service is great also. I had an issue in which the string frayed below the center serving(my fault because of my form and the string was hitting my arm guard). Gave them a call and had a new string inside 3 days, very understanding and got the impression that they wanted to keep their customers even after explaining to them that I took responsibility for the damage. No peep aligner and I have never worried about not seeing through the peep.
    Elite Energy 32 60#
    Elite Tour 50#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Turkey Team 9 Team Strut Stopper

vapor trail

If you have not tried Vapor Trail, you should. Just as good as Winners choice, but a lot cheaper. Put that extra money towards arrows. You can never have enough arrows

Preacher Guest
    Winner’s Choice. I haven’t found any reason to even consider trying anything else.

As for as other strings being Cheaper…….. I guess the other String makers know what their Strings are worth.

I wont buy WC again

Quote Originally Posted by WyoGoat
    I have had great luck with Winners Choice and their customer service is great also. I had an issue in which the string frayed below the center serving(my fault because of my form and the string was hitting my arm guard). Gave them a call and had a new string inside 3 days, very understanding and got the impression that they wanted to keep their customers even after explaining to them that I took responsibility for the damage. No peep aligner and I have never worried about not seeing through the peep.
    My X-coat came un raveled where it goes through the cable slide on my Ultra Tec...Called thme up and they told me it was he slide...Whatever!!! The slide didnt chew up the stock strings!!!

Anyway they didnt want anything to do with me...They would have fixed it if I would have payed for it...I took the WC off and went back to stock..I know Im not the first one to have the X-coat tear up...

If I ever did get WC again I woukd get it without the X-coat

As far as peep rotation, they have none...That is a good point...

Just my 2 cents...I have read on here that VT has a good product and the owner is Top Notch

Tom
    PARK-N-SONS ARCHERY CUSTOM STRINGS AND TUNING
    "ADVANCING ARCHERY ONE STRING AT A TIME"
    I'm a custom string builder, not a production string builder
    Pleass visit my site and contact us @ parknsonsarchery dot com for questions on pricing
    Please note: I do not take string orders here on Archery Talk

Winners Choice Vs. Vapor Trail

I use both Vapor Trail and Winners Choice and both are great strings with little to no twist or strech. But I feel Winners Choice serving is much better with radical cam lobes. The serving on winners choice lasts twice as long and I have had no problems with the x-coat.
    Just my .02 cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    Winner’s Choice. I haven’t found any reason to even consider trying anything else.

As for as other strings being Cheaper…….. I guess the other String makers know what their Strings are worth.
    I really enjoy most of the comments made here on AT, but I hate it when someone cuts down another brand when they them self have not tried that brand. I have shot both manufactures and I can honestly say(from experiance with both strings) that I think your comment is a little off. The problem is one company thinks they are worth more than they really are. Go ahead and shoot for a company that wants to make 500% mark up on their strings. I will shoot the company that wants to make its customers happy at a reasonable price.

Vaportrail is excellent

VaporTrail.......set it and forget it! VTX is awesome!
    2013 Mathews Creed
    CX Aramids
    Rocket Steelhead Extreme 125's- makes the rage look like a mere flesh wound....
    Spot Hogg sights
    Taz Archery: Finest Archery shop in Illinois!

Preacher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSTRINGMAN
    I really enjoy most of the comments made here on AT, but I hate it when someone cuts down another brand when they them self have not tried that brand. I have shot both manufactures and I can honestly say(from experiance with both strings) that I think your comment is a little off. The problem is one company thinks they are worth more than they really are. Go ahead and shoot for a company that wants to make 500% mark up on their strings. I will shoot the company that wants to make its customers happy at a reasonable price.
    Forgive me if you thought I was cutting down Vapor Trail or any other string makers. All I said is that they know what their strings are worth. I've got a SwithBack sitting here and I know what it's worth, that doesn't mean I am cutting down Hoyt or PSE. Everyone puts a price on what they are trying to sell. Check the Classified Section, it is full of stuff forsale and the people are trying to sell it what they think it's worth. Basic Economics

Quote Originally Posted by sagecreek
    I'm a Vapor Trial kind of guy.
    I like this , straight and right to the point.Jarod has been awesome to me and the quality is there.
    Team PSE , Johns Customs staff,GoldTip,TrophyBlend scents, PSE MILITIA , Xtreme Stabilization ,CJ Sights/ Stan releases,Norway Industries VP of Heartshot hunters club

Never tried winners choice....But no need to when the vapor trails work so well!

i have always shot Winners Choice , i havent tried Vapor Trails yet . but i might with Winners Choice going up in price this year..

Shoot Strong
    Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

Its christmas, I can forgive

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    Forgive me if you thought I was cutting down Vapor Trail or any other string makers. All I said is that they know what their strings are worth. I've got a SwithBack sitting here and I know what it's worth, that doesn't mean I am cutting down Hoyt or PSE. Everyone puts a price on what they are trying to sell. Check the Classified Section, it is full of stuff forsale and the people are trying to sell it what they think it's worth. Basic Economics
    Preacher, I forgive you. I just get a little worked up at the holidays. Having to see my family does that to a person. Anyways, have a merry Christmas to Preacher and everyone on AT.

I've tried lots of custom strings. Vapor Trail is on both of my bows :-)

P.

I make my own, so I have no dog in this hunt.

I have seen and worked on bows with both and from what I have seen, the quality build of the WC is much better. Not as many build shortcut, IMO.

I wonder of those who have responded, how many have experience with both?????

Winners Choice

I have experience with several string company's and all I can say is that I have found that Winners Choice does make the best strings on the market. Yes these strings do cost more but there are reasons for that. Have you noticed that everyone compares there strings to WC, I guess that's because there No. 1. From what I understand they have something new coming out in the new year, it really sounds promissing.
    Great company and even better service. What more can be said.

Dietmar Trillus

I am surprised at the number of votes for Vapor Trail compared to WC.

I was sent a set of VT to try. The peep rotated pretty good. Shot the bow 25 times or so.... same rotation each draw, etc.

Has VT improved this??? Have they eliminated rotation?

Fuse strings (Hoyt of course) have been performing well so far on the Trykons.
    Mathews Z9 - HHA Slider - Trophy Taker Pronghorn Pro - B-Stinger Stabilizer - Fletcher Shorty - Grim Reaper Hybrid - Gold Tip Kinetic XT - Trueflight Feathers (Always)... _____ going to try Mission Dagger XB this season as well - Gold Tip Laser 3 - HHA Optimizer XB scope & adjustable mount system____ ___ - _________ Facebook: Hunters Choice Archery Pro Shop

I shot winners choice for many years

Paid the price. Great strings no doubt.

I just find Vapor Trail string just as good for a fair price that most can afford here.

I have tried other brands before Vapor Trail and not any of the cheaper strings perform like a winner Choice except Vapor Trail.

I like the folks at Vapor Trail. They treat customers right and do what they say they will.
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast