Archery Talk Forum banner

true talker

612 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  cbrenn71 
#1 ·
Hey i just got my true talker for christmas but i don't understand how to work the memory bands. I've been trying it and if i press hard on one band it's a high pitched fawn. The only other sound i can't get is a deep buck grunt. Any help is appreciated.

G
#2 ·
ahhh the true talker. i have had a few problems with that, but overall i would say it's decent.

the trick to getting a good buck grunt out of it, is to place your finger at the end of the chamber, away from you. press very lightly, hard pressure forces the reed to vibrate quickly, resulting in a fawn bleat.

after your finger is place correctly and gently (just enough to touch the reed) take your other hand and cup the end of the tube, but do not block it off, keep your hand about 1/4 of an inch off the tube. very smoothly breath out. you will get a good grunt out of it.

my biggest complain is it consistantly freezes in cold weather, and an attempt at a buck grunt sounds more like a gazoo on new years. let me tell you, big bucks that are just outside shooting range are very unimpressed, and will bolt. so, be careful in cold weather. i dont even use it anymore unless it's warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.