View Poll Results: what would you call me?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • simple....an old bowhunter

25 69.44%
  • Former bowhunter, current non-hunter (tell me to stop hunting)

1 2.78%
  • Former traditional, former compound, current crossbow

4 11.11%
  • Former long bow, former recurve, former compound, current crossbow hunter

2 5.56%
  • Former bowhunter current crossbow hunter

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what should I call myself?

Quote Originally Posted by willie
    He said -"It takes more effort to shoot a Bowtech bow than it does some hunk of ****e longbow."

LMAO - Sounds like he doesn't know much about archery period.
    I was shooting a bow when you were still wet behind the ears silly willy. I know a lot about archery but will sum it up by saying Cavemen - Fred Bear - Kevin Strother.

You watch it or I might take one of those arrows I reserved giving to "Walks with a Gimp" and give it to you ........

I know a lot of about crossbows too, you pull the string back and it locks into place, and then you pull a trigger to shoot it.......
    Contact me or see my sales threads on predator camo.... etc. all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Field
    Crossbows are not evil unless you are a perfectly abled body who chooses to shoot x-bow because its just easier and you are lazy.

same with high tech compounds. A young guy like you ought to throw away that Bowtech, get a Black widow and then only the self bow archers would call you lazy. Do you have anything to contribute to crossbows SF or are you here to join marvin and source to complain about them being used in archery season
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C
    same with high tech compounds. A young guy like you ought to throw away that Bowtech, get a Black widow and then only the self bow archers would call you lazy. Do you have anything to contribute to crossbows SF or are you here to join marvin and source to complain about them being used in archery season
    Spanky, I own a crossbow myself, Horton Hunter thank you. I ain't a crossbow hater. Slick Willie jumped me and we got a little off track thats all.

Spanky, I own a crossbow myself, Horton Hunter thank you. I ain't a crossbow hater. Slick Willie jumped me and we got a little off track thats all.
    nah you just claimed they were "evil" when used by able bodied people. I go on what people post, not what they later claim to own.

trust me SF-Willie has been shooting all kinds of bows alot longer than you have been around
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

Well thanks for helping me think through this task.

I've never been called a long bow hunter.
    Nor a recurve bow hunter.
    or even a traditional bow hunter.
    I don't recall anyone ever calling me a compound bow hunter either.
    No one here chose to call me a disabled...so I'll stay away from that too.

or old

Seems like there's no sense in being obsessed with minor adjectives.

I'll just stick with bowhunter.

I was shooting a bow when you were still wet behind the ears silly willy. I know a lot about archery but will sum it up by saying Cavemen - Fred Bear - Kevin Strother.

You watch it or I might take one of those arrows I reserved giving to "Walks with a Gimp" and give it to you ........

I know a lot of about crossbows too, you pull the string back and it locks into place, and then you pull a trigger to shoot it.......
    Too funny.

I was deer hunting with a recurve when you weren't even born..

Anyone who says that shooting a BOWTECH is harder than shooting a longbow does not know the first thing about archery.

That is the #1 stupid statement that I have ever heard on here and believe me I have heard some stupid ones..

Welcome, with your limited knowledge you'll it right in with the other antis..
    Last edited by willie; December 29th, 2005 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elongitude

I'll just stick with bowhunter.
    EXCELLENT CHOICE!!

Willie said,
    "Anyone who says that shooting a BOWTECH is harder than shooting a longbow does not know the first thing about archery."

One of the main selling points for traditional bows is thier simplicity. I would say that compound bows are far more complicated or harder if you will, to shoot than a longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by talis727
    Willie said,
    "Anyone who says that shooting a BOWTECH is harder than shooting a longbow does not know the first thing about archery."

One of the main selling points for traditional bows is thier simplicity. I would say that compound bows are far more complicated or harder if you will, to shoot than a longbow.
    Like I said FS, you'll fit right in..

Oh, BTW... we are talking about actually hitting what we are shooting at.

That takes LOT of time with recurve or longbow as opposed to very little time with a compound..

I did'nt take me long. I can hit what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by willie
    Oh, BTW... we are talking about actually hitting what we are shooting at.

That takes LOT of time with recurve or longbow as opposed to very little time with a compound..
    Thats the difference between us compounders and you Willis, we are very dedicated to accuracy and achieving quich humane kills while you're out there flinging wooden arrows into an animal's rear quarter panel.

Just a lil fyi

Slippy Field is a nutjob who hates bowtechs. He posts all over this forum aggravating the hell out of everybody, and in the process, trys to make everyone else hate Bowtechs. I don't care if you already hate them, but don't let slippy get you folks all riled. Also, the whole compound vs traditional vs crossbow isn't worth arguing over. We are all on the same team here yes?
    Sorry for the rant, Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by fultontx
    Slippy Field is a nutjob who hates bowtechs. He posts all over this forum aggravating the hell out of everybody, and in the process, trys to make everyone else hate Bowtechs. I don't care if you already hate them, but don't let slippy get you folks all riled. Also, the whole compound vs traditional vs crossbow isn't worth arguing over. We are all on the same team here yes?
    Sorry for the rant, Happy New Year
    exactly I rememberd at first he actuall gave me a nickname because I shoot a Bowtech it was " shatterd limb shooting hillbilly" if I remember correctly. And now hes sayin Bowtechs are the best this man dosnt make any sense

Well........Slippys back under his rock..........and his little sister took her computer back.

Bowhunter all the way! It's just got to have current technology though, I am a tech freak as well!
    (son)Martin Bengal (daughter)Diamond by Bowtech (Me)PSE Archery
    Easton Epic ST
    one cross, three nails, forgiven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12