Thread: Hoyt Powertec

Hoyt Powertec

Due to limited funds I am thinking about getting the Powertec instead of a Trykon. I was told by my dealer that for someone that is going to hunt, that keep their bow for a long time and is not into target shooting this is a good choice for the money. Any thoughts on this bow would be great especially from dealers and Hoyt reps.

Good Choice!

Tyler1,
    I think the Power Tec is a great choice. Got a feeling this will be a good seller for Hoyt this year. It's reasonably priced (@ $500.00) and has laminated limbs. I've seen it in person and it looks sweet. But, just like I recommend to everyone else, shoot it and see for yourself. Try a few other brands and compare. Have fun and good luck with whatever you choose!

mdbowhunter

My dealer has one, I haven't shot it yet, but probably will. He did tell me that it was very impressive when he shot it and he was surprised at just how good it really was. i don't think it would be a bad choice.

Absolute smash hit of a bow here. For that kind of money your getting a lot of quiet , smooth shootin bow........

In my unbiased opinion, it's the best bow I've shot in a long time, if not ever. It is more user friendly, I feel, than the Trykon, and is accurate as can be. The speed difference between the two is only 18fps, and overall I feel the PowerTec to be a truely remarkable bow. Feel not that you are settling for the PowerTec, as it is no compromise at all. See my review in the review section of this site of te PowerTec.

Thanks for all the in put. In my search for a new bow I have shot Matthews, Bowtec as well as 2 different Trykons. I was offered both the Lazertech and Powertech and I liked feel of both the lazer and power better than any of the others. There is very little comment about them here and I wanted to make sure that I was not going to be penny and pound foolish in getting the Powertec. I think that you may have just sold another bow for Hoyt.

Powertec

I bought a Powertec today and it is an awesome bow. I got it setup all new stuff. I shot it and man is it great. Fast, accurate, no vibration, and comfortable to shoot. This is to date the best bow that I have owned or shot and I have had several others.

If you are thinking about getting this bow do it. I spent two weeks shooting everything and the Hoyt Powertec for the money was the best bow that I shot.

Heading out now for some indoor 3D. Archery Adventures in Denver!!!!