Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Dream Season RDX 365 opinions

13K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  compton83 
#1 ·
Hello,
first post.

Been researching my first crossbow purchase and am very interested in the new PSE Dream Season, just can't seem to find much in the way of reviews or opinions. Anyone here shooting, have experience with? I can get this crossbow for less than $590.00, new delivered. I also considered the Barnett BCX and Killer Instinct 365 which I can also get for approx. the same price (KI I could purchase additional arrows and be at the same price point). $600.00 is my limit, per the boss! I know a hundred or so more could get me to a Mission or Stryker and I have looked at the Wicked Ridge, just didn't feel right. So, any feedback on the RDX would be appreciated.

Thank YOU!

Dan

#4 ·
Pretty sure Stryker is made in China

#6 ·
Awesome...not sure where I heard that

#7 ·
Purchased the PSE RDX 365 less than a month ago. This was my first x-bow so didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. Plus it was on sale for $489. So I figured couldn't go wrong. It is fairly new bow so no real reviews. First time out after the 4th shot the trigger housing wouldn't hold the string when cocked. I would have pull the string back 4-5 times before it would catch and hold. Next day out shot 30 bolts through it, but had to pull the string back well over 100 times. Finally wouldn't capture the string in the trigger housing. Called PSE and dropped it off at my pro shop. That was Thurday August 6th. So now I'm without a crossbow again. Waiting to hear back from my shop. I will keep you posted what they find out.

Scope and rings weren't the best. But I figured that would be the case, like almost any gun/scope combo. Switched scope out for Nikon bolt xr and Leupold rings. Definite improvement in accuracy and clarity. Besides my problem with the trigger catching, I really like the RDX. Comfortable to hold doesn't seem overly front heavy like others I handled. 2" groups at 50 yards off a sawhorse kneeling.

#9 ·
Just got a Parker Center Fire.... and so far i love it! May be more money than youre looking to spend but with the warranty i got with it... plus if anything happens to it, i dont have to ship it back to Parker... my proshop has the parts, or the crossbow to lend,.. that i dont have to worry about anything going wrong.

To me, thats worth the extra cash!!!!

#12 ·
Purchased late July. Works like a charm. Previously I had a Toxic and a Fang. The Fang is cheap, but feels cheap too, the rails are the same composite that the whole body. The RDX has metal rails. One thing, that was new, due to the reverse cams, the string angle when cocked is way narrower than the normal cam xbows. Needs a bit of a fiddling with the cocking hooks (on the cocking rope), when cocking.

Apart from that, the stock scope is superb. It is very easy to develop a load-aim-shoot sequence, due to the several grabbing possibilities. It has a kickback, but nothing dangerous. Fairly a joy to hold during the aiming-shooting sequence. The trigger is nice and crisp, just as on the Fang. The Toxic had a way worse trigger.

Right now I'm experimenting which is the more accurate, the 85 grains stock fieldtip, or the 100 grain ones.

#16 ·
PSE sent a new stock to fix the string not catching. Sighted xbow back in and off to hunt. Climbing out of deer stand noticed cams had stress cracks and left limb had a crack in it. Now back at PSE for repairs again. Bought a Tenpoint Titan xtreme while at the pro shop so I could hunt the following day. Would of liked a Tenpoint Venom but not willing to wait. Titan is 10x's the bow the PSE ever thought of being. Can shoot it more accurately at 40 yards than the PSE is at 20. Tenpoint is made in the USA, PSE stated made in China on the box. This reassures me to never buy a new model ever again. Can't wait to get the PSE RDX back so I can sell it. The money I saved on the initial purchase is being ate up by shipping back to PSE.

#18 ·
I just bought the RDX and I really like it. I hope you have. Better luck with the shims on you ls 390 than I have. It's been to the shop twice in the last 2 months because of the shims. I bought the dream season to replace the ls 390. The solution when it was working good is a phenomenal xbow but for me it's wasn't worth the pain and waiting of driving 1 1/2 hours every month. If you don't have the shim issues you will be head over heels in love. The shims issues are supposedly a issue that very few bows have and I just happen to have 1 of them haha. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it, supposedly bowtechs customer service is one of the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.