Thread: New Whitetail weight record.

New Whitetail weight record.

Have any of you seen this deer killed in Nebraska with a bow? Does anyone know what county its from?

Attached Images Attached Images
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

another
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

that's

a big one alright, so what does he weigh?? record is 506 I think from Minnesota

another!
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

412lbs
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by *red-ranger*
    a big one alright, so what does he weigh?? record is 506 I think from Minnesota
    yep record is 506 from Minnesota this deer dont even come close to that

Pretty sure its a record in Nebraska.
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

Can you say photoshoped

There was an article about this very deer in the Star Tribune 1/22/06. This seems to be quite a headache for the Nebraska DNR, they have received hundreds of phone calls about this deer. Funny thing is they have not had anyone come forward about the deer, and know nothing whatsoever about it. If I shot it I'd be showing everybody.
    Think 'em in, and kill 'em at will.

that pic was on here earlier this year, and i think it said 412lbs.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Gold Tip Kenetic Pro 400 with 100gr. Magnus Buzzcut
    TruGlo Tru Tec Quiver, Limb Driver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings, Tru Ball Short-n-sweet

What Fred said

That is not a 412 pound deer, it has been photoshopped, and on top of that it appears to be quite bloated. The article made a pretty strong case against it being legit.

I don't know whether it is legit or not, but this is off of Boone and Crocket trophy watch page.

He's Not Fat, He's Big Boned
    January 16, 2006
    Reports on this amazing buck are that it was taken in Nebraska. He supposedly weighed an astonishing 412 pounds and scores in the 150's as a typical.
    This buck looks like he learned how to clean a hefty dinner plate at every meal.

UPDATE: This buck was supposedly taken by Stanley Whitt with archery tackle. The buck scores roughly 148 on the B&C scale, and had a reported 30" neck.

Big Buck

I agree that thing does look bloated. It's a big deer though. Was it gutshot and then recovered later? That is a huge hole in its back and on its side. Some things have me curious though (see images).
    Last edited by Doc; January 23rd, 2006 at 04:52 PM.
    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

BROADHEAD TUNING<-----Click

hmm....

i've saw these pictures like 5 times but what i really want to c is that world record 506 from minnesota! if someone has a pic of it i would be delighted to c it

Doc you reckon that spot on his back could be from fighting? I really dont know I'm not trying to defend the photo or w/e, just playing devils advocate I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicrooster
    That is not a 412 pound deer, it has been photoshopped, and on top of that it appears to be quite bloated. The article made a pretty strong case against it being legit.
    Deer is not photoshopped. The indian guy on the far right is a game warden that checked the deer in. It was killed the weekend I was hunting in Nebraska. Curt (the game warden) was telling me about the deer when he checked mine in. I have known Curt for 2 years and he is definetely not a liar.
    Coming to a creek bottom near you.
    Pope and Young-Card carrying member and proud

Quote Originally Posted by slinger09
    Deer is not photoshopped. The indian guy on the far right is a game warden that checked the deer in. It was killed the weekend I was hunting in Nebraska. Curt (the game warden) was telling me about the deer when he checked mine in. I have known Curt for 2 years and he is definetely not a liar.

Ok slinger I will take time before responding to you on the turkey thread to say now we are getting somewere, I also hunt Nebraska. What county or unit?
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

I think I remember seeing some corn.
    Coming to a creek bottom near you.
    Pope and Young-Card carrying member and proud

Come on man, my wife wants to know! We hunt Keya Paha we have a house in Mills.
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

There's no Curt or Curtis listed as a Nebraska Conservation Officer in my copy of there listing of game wardens.
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

Alberta Deer

There was a deer hit by a car in the bow zone of Alberta Four guys cut it up into 4 quarters and each took one game warden found out and confiscated the 4 quarters each of the quarters weighed over 100# each It was written up in Outdoor Life or some rag when it happened.

I shot a small 9 pointer in Alberta that went 325# and it was not the best deer in camp either

Originally Posted by Bionicrooster

There was an article I will dig up posted on another forum where this deer was shown most likely be a fake. The DNR was called and advised they have no record of it being killed and have only heard rumors of it, no one form the state was involved with it. I would think the DNR would know if their own game warden checked it in, don't you?

Here goes the debate again

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTech14
    Doc you reckon that spot on his back could be from fighting? I really dont know I'm not trying to defend the photo or w/e, just playing devils advocate I guess...
    Nothing is impossible, but how would an antler get that far back during a fight? We would be talking 3-4 feet long tines. I also would find it strange for an antler/fighting mark to leave a pit like that. It looks like a mortar shell hit him.
    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

BROADHEAD TUNING<-----Click