Archery Talk Forum banner

Need help from the ladies.

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RuralRabbit1 
#1 ·
So I surprised my SO with her first bow. She had went shooting with me and a buddies family and shot a few times and enjoyed it, so i found and bought a Mission Craze (in zebra print lol) now I'm walking her though all the basics and we are getting everything she needs to shoot. The only thing we are having issues with finding is a release, she has a small wrist and hand and I'm not sure what releases run smaller? and seems like most "womens" releases are pink and shes not to hip on pink.

So what are some smaller release that are good? Thanks.

#4 ·
Scott makes a great release for small hands. I have very small hands for a woman. I actually had to adjust it at medium length. It's pink and runs about 80$ at most local hunting shops. I've had my release for about 3 years. It's never let me down and it's not too long. Feels great on my wrist. Good luck. Congrats to her on the new bow!! That was really cool of you!

#6 ·
I have the above pictured TruFire and have been very happy with it, very adjustable. I'm not a fan of it being pink either but at the time I bought it, everything for ladies had pink. I have thought about changing it up since it is the only part of my bow with pink but haven't had a chance to try anything else. Interested to see everyone's suggestions.

#7 ·
She did some of her own research, she went a shot the trufire and wasn't a fan. She's since been looking at the truball shooter in purple gonna try and find one to try on.

#10 ·
She doesn't think shed be comfortable with one at this point she said she wants to get the basics down and make sure her form is good before getting better equipment and experimenting.

She couldn't find one to try but amazon had a good deal on the tru ball shooter in purple like she wanted so its ordered, built a shooting range in my garage and she found another girl who lives close to shoot with, shes getting excited maybe i can talk her into a AT account lol.

Thanks for all the help!!!

#9 ·
anyone use tru ball and know the size difference between the youth and large?

#11 ·
Spot-Hogg Wise Guy

Hi, I also have a small wrist and hand. I have tried Tru-ball, Tru-Fire, and Scott. But for me the release that I am stuck on and absolutely love is the Spot-Hogg Wise Guy! For me this release is truly the ticket! With a light, adjustable trigger with zero travel I could not be more happy with purchasing it! I guarantee I will not be switching anytime soon. Good luck! I hope you find one that works well for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.