Thread: high country advice

high country advice

I just bought a high country for my girlfreind. I paid $200 for it, and I'm needing a little input on it. It says high country vibra flex armor on the limbs, an on the inside of the limbs it says max force. If anyone knows anything about it please let me know. I'm just wondering the age of the bow, and how good it is. Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
    Jimmy

Max Force

You have a nice bow. The Max Force is one of the best shooting bows HCA has made. 39" axle to axle, 8" brace height, reasonably fast, and quiet. In 1999-2000 a lot a 3-D shooters using HCA bows shot the Max Force.

luckynhappy Guest
    hey, i can help you. the limbs are black underneath, thier covered by a vibration dampening shiel called vibra shield or whatever it says, the max force is the model of the bow.. on all high country bows the words vibra flex is on the front to advertise it and the inside of the bow usually says highcountry and the model of the bow. hope it dosent confuse you lol. i speek from experience because i have a highcountry supreme extreme, a very nice bow also

they are very good bows from High Country.. fast, quiet
    and pretty accurate.. great little hunting bows.. the max
    force was one of their top line bows 3-4 years ago.. good
    shooting...

The vibra flex is a coating to keep the limbs from cracking. I think it was on the split limbs. I had a solid limb max force with the dead stop hatchet cams. My dad had to have it, so I gave it to him and he still has it. Good bow. I have an extra set of modules for it. I would have to look to see what they are.

Nice bow.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

sagecreek, the vibraflex was put on as sound deadening
    material, not to keep the limbs from cracking... just fyi...
    good shooting..

It states: "Patented tough outer skin: Each limb is encased in a flexible shell with a 5,000 psi tensile strength rating. Impervious to abrasion, splintering, featuring and dents.

"The toughest limb on the market"

I think the key work is toughtest, not quietest. Just my opinion.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Like everyone has said the Max Force is a great bow for someone to start with b/c of its forgiveness, also a great bow for experienced shooters. I started out with that model myself and still have the bow, it was given to me as a present about 5-6 years ago, I'm not sure if HC still makes it however. Recently I upgraded to a HighCountry 4-runner, also a really nice bow.

DeadNutsAA
    2012 Elite Answer
    Copper John, Gold Tip, Tru-Ball, Doinker, Sims

thank you for all your input guys, it makes her feel better now. She was worried I got her a p.o.s.. Thanks for letting her know.
    I shoot an AR34, and she thought she needed something like that to start with. I just want to make sure she's going to stick with it first.

Thanks for all your help

I seen an ad about vibra flex armor on the back of the August 2001 Deer and deer hunting magazine. It said 150,000 cycles and 500 dry fires with out a failure. Also said they have a lifetime warranty on the limbs. Sounds like a tough bow to me