Archery Talk Forum banner

2015 South Carolina deer harvest

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  zighhb 
#1 ·
Just to see what's going on in the rest of the state, anyone have any good hunting yet? Success pics or good trail cam pics? I'm in Berkeley county and from what I've seen the pre rut is starting to come on, finding some good scrapes and the bigger bucks are coming around on trail cameras, young bucks pushing a few does.

#5 ·
Im in upstate SC York County. We have a 800x500 yard soybean field across the road from the house and have seen no bucks just lots of does. Have found many good rubs around on the edge of the field. I think all the bucks here are nocturnal.

#10 ·
Got these pics from brother in law. Couple of nice ones in the upstate. Keeping waiting to hear if someone gets a shot at em, but seeing as how they're nocturnal probably going to take a cool day and a hot doe to see them in the daylight. First pic with the velvet buck was from back in late-August and the bottom was from about 2 weeks ago.

Deer Reindeer Darkness Sky Antler

Elk Deer Antler Reindeer Wildlife

#15 ·
Nice buck! It's starting to heat up here in the low country too, had a young buck chasing hard under me a few nights ago and seeing more scrapes and rubs every time I go, I'm working nights now and don't usually stray to far from bed when I get off but I'm definitely gonna try and hunt a few mornings with this cool front coming in

#17 ·
Epic weekend in central SC! Shot a slick head with my bow and saw several bucks, a few chasing. I elected not to shoot a 2nd buck as my club only allows two. I want one of my kiddos to shoot a buck this year down there. Taking them this weekend again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.