Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEWARE of 3Dshooter1!!!

Thumbs down BEWARE of 3Dshooter1!!!

I posted this thread in the Feedback section but I thought I should also place it in the classifieds:

I have been buying and selling here on AT for about three years now and this is the first time that I have had a problem with anyone. I agreed to buy a Hoyt ProElite from 3dshooter1 (Chris Chance) back in January and immediately sent him the payment via PayPal. That's when the excuses began. First he said he was having problems getting into his PayPal account to access my payment. After I requested that PayPal cancel the transaction and return my money I was told that only a small amount (20%) of what I paid was available in the account to recover. It is obvious that Chris had already cleared my money out. Then he tells me he didn't take the money and he would deal with the PayPal issue separately. In the mean time he would send me the bow that I had paid for almost two months before. You guessed it.....the bow never showed up and now he is claiming it was lost by the Post Office during shipping. Of course the Post Office has no record of him actually shipping the bow!!! So now I will file Federal mail fraud charges against Mr. Chance and contact the Louisville, KY District Attorneys Office about this issue.

I have included his address and phone # in case you have had similar problems and would like to encourage Chris to be a man of his word and do the right thing. One way or the other he will pay for his actions. Thank you for your time and please keep this thread at the top!

Glenn Cadman

Chris Chance
    10001 Charleswood Rd.
    Louisville, KY 40229
    (502) 649-5255
    c.chance@insightbb.com

Any chance you can contact PayPal about this? Did you pay through your credit card? If you did, you can contact your credit card company. I have run into several problems (not on AT) and just call the cc company, they have gotten every single thing resolved very thoroughly and rapidly. Good luck an if nothing else this is a BUMP.
    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

BROADHEAD TUNING<-----Click

That sucks, I feel your pain. I got boned on a rifle some yrs. back, same cock& bull story...total loss Still pisses me off Hope your outcome is better then mine.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix ld
    Hoyt UltraElite & Pro Elite

get this back to the top. This guy should have the livin beat out of him just my 2 cents

get up there!

Go get em man!!
    Is it next season yet?!?!

->>>-Bowtech Guardian-->
    CX Maxima Hunter 350--Rage 2 Blade--Limb Driver--Scott Sabertooth--HHA sight--Posten stab--PREDATOR FALL GREY

Cristian Chance the Theif

I wish I would have seen this sooner because He got to me through ebay for 870.00 and a friend if mine for another 800.00. The guy is a liar and a thief and has not heard the end of it yet. He also ripped another person off on an STS.It's a shame that people like this are allowed to get away with this crap but I do beleive he will what is coming to him one way or another. I am done with the whole ebay paypal thing and their lies of safe transactions because it is all a bunch of bull.They promise that your transactions are safe,rule in your favor and then say there is nothing they can do to recover your funds.He will get what he deserves one way or another.I doubt that I will ever use paypal or ebay again for any more money than I am willing to toss out the window. Lance Elledge-Hagerman Boy-214-460-1031. 90lance on ebay!

Anyone here have any information on this guy

Please help these members out. This guy needs to be stopped immediatly.

Normally I wouldnt allow posting in general forum but feel this guy shuld be stopped before he ripps someone else off.
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Holy Crap....... I hope Chris Chance likes grape jelly........ (With apologies to Ron White)

somebody clost to this guy needs to knock on his door...if he was here in Iowa I sure as hell would do it for you guys...total bs...people like him are nothing but scum to me....nothing worse then stealing someone elses hard earned money...sorry to yall who this bum has ripped off...hopefully he has a little something coming his way
    Nock On TV

3Dshooter1

To Doc:

I didn't use a credit card for the purchase because I had a balance in my PayPal account. PayPal is set up to access either the account owners credit card or checking account. There was only about 20% of what I paid available when they tried to refund my money. They claim that they are not responsible for an item actually being shipped, they only transfer the funds (for a hefty %) between buyer and seller!

glenn

Lets see

Archers just spent thousands of dollars in this town.

I dont think the local sheriffs office is going to appreciate one of thee own stealing from archers that have given so much to the city of Lousiville.

I would be making some phone calls to the local authorities.
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
    Archers just spent thousands of dollars in this town.

I dont think the local sheriffs office is going to appreciate one of thee own stealing from archers that have given so much to the city of Lousiville.

I would be making some phone calls to the local authorities.
    It is too bad this wasn't posted BEFORE the Louisville shoot, that house looks like it would have made a nice practice bale Could you imagine all the guys that would have knocked on his door that weekend? Heck he would have ended up an AT sponsor.
    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

It's not too late. And this is actually felony amount. Maybe even Federal since the trading was to occur across state lines........

See where this is going Chris?

Forget the flavor of the jelly. I hope you don't run out too quick........

I have sent an email for Chris to contact me immediatly and explained what the "next step" will be.

I also have limited his access to only this section and edited his signature to inform everyone he is a Blacklisted seller.

Hope to hear from him soon.

OX

good work OX....this crook needs to be shell shocked by someone...something
    Nock On TV

Bump

from a newbie's perspective:
    everyone please USE and check the feedback forum for transactions.
    there's got to be a safer way to do this. there's some good ideas there.
    what ever happened to honour? and when honour failed, c.o.d.?
    anyway, i came here looking to buy a nice used bow. now i'm off to pay way too much of my hard earned cash for a bow i don't really want, and lose a really good (and fair) price on a bow i did want. all because of jerks like this. i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal. well, it's just a thought.
    i guess i'll go waste my cash now

Quote Originally Posted by outside
    from a newbie's perspective:
    everyone please USE and check the feedback forum for transactions.
    there's got to be a safer way to do this. there's some good ideas there.
    what ever happened to honour? and when honour failed, c.o.d.?
    anyway, i came here looking to buy a nice used bow. now i'm off to pay way too much of my hard earned cash for a bow i don't really want, and lose a really good (and fair) price on a bow i did want. all because of jerks like this. i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal. well, it's just a thought.
    i guess i'll go waste my cash now
    Easy does it, AT is full of people that are as honest as they come. 99% of the people are good hard working honest people that I have dealt with on many occassions. Don't let 1 bad deal spoil it for you. Just be sure to check the feedback, exchange telephone numbers (if in doubt call) and as you mentioned COD if in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by outside
    i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal.
    Shoot straight, but aim low.
    "Huh, dude...I think we got hit by a big boat...Hey, quit bogarting the bowl, dude...why am I wet?..." -hdracer

Staples Sucks I Use Office Depot

Not to be a killjoy...

I'm as much for nailing this guy as anyone else, but you all should be careful in exacting your revenge. Just as he lied & deceived with his "sales," he could very well be lying about his address, name, etc. I absolutely loathe theives, as while on my honeymoon, not only was my wife's purse stolen (and all of the joys that go along with that, esp. flying after 9/11 without ID) but while in the airport, I used an ATM and had the PIN for my debit card stolen & someone in Spain making withdrawals...

Just ensure that we don't become the instrument by which a person whose identity he stole becomes victimized again...

Tim

DiamondTim

Good point! As far as his name and address go they could be false as they were given to me by a "Chris Chance". That name and email address also showed up on my PayPal receipt. The cell phone # (502) 649-5255 I beleive is accurate because I have spoken to him on it before. I did a search on the internet and came up with another address:

Chris Chance
    10901 Southgate Manor Dr.
    Louisville, KY 40229-1656

It has the same zip code as the one he gave me so they should be close. Hopefully the authorities can find him and make him pay for his actions!

glenn

Wasilla- 1 hour North of Anchorage, Alaska
    Glenn,

first step is to contact Louiville Police Department.

long story short--- i was ripped off on a yahoo auction in 2000, it was a multiple item auction, 22 people bid on the item. i thought i was out the money but then i received an email from one of the 22 people that got ripped off. he contacted the police department in the city of where the seller was. the police raided his house 2 days later, they went thru everything in that house from the letter i received. he was arrested and charged. anything over $250.00 was a felony and under was a misdameaner.

it took about 9 months before it went to court. in the end we all got are money back but it took 2 years to get it back because the courts allowed him to do payments. 16 of us paid $249 and the other 8 bought 2 items so those 8 people went over $250 which made it felonys.

I had no idea how serious a crime this is, they had the FBI involved because of the mail fraud thing and money being exchanged over state lines. But at the time the laws did not allow the FBI to go further in 2000. They said it would take about 3 years for the newer laws on stealing over the internet would take effect. They flew all 8 people in from 7 different states and paid for hotel for 2 or 3 days and gave them a food allowence too. Court costs, man hours/detective work, and many others involeved were over 100 thousand for a crime that was about 6000. the 16 of us that did not make the $250 had to fill out some paperwork and be interviewed over the phone from the police department.

actually i will stop here as i am telling a story that is too long to tell here. but do contact the police department first, they will contact majistrate or judge or DA for paperwork to search premisis etc etc...

it was quite the process to go thru, but now i know what to do if i ever get ripped off on the internet again.

good luck
    Mike

Chris,
    if you are reading this. try work it out. i found an old post of yours, maybe this is not your fault and it is paypal but you do say that you will refund the money.

here is the post i found from january

Beware Of Paypal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have done alot of business here on AT. Recently I found out that someone got my PayPal info and wiped out my account. Now I am not implaying that it was anyone on here but I know alot of people here use Paypal to buy and sell things. I have stopped all buying and selling and if I have recently done a tranaction with you and the payment was not recieved I am sorry and if my chance I recieve anything that payment did not go through on I will return immediatly. I have suppended my Paypal account until further notice. Second if you have recently pursched anything from me the payment will be refunded. I am sorry for any inconvience this may have caused and in no way did I mean to screw anyone. Once everything gets worked out I will make good on everything. Right now I have been the victim of theft and it is a mess. Thanks for your understanding.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

members of at--- i did not read all of chris's posts but the few i did read doesnt look like a thief to me just a big transaction mixup that went sour.

hopefully it will get worked out for both parties.

Mike

I must have been one of the lucky ones. I traded Carter releases with Chris back in February and everything went fine. The Charleswood Rd. address above is the address I mailed the release to.
    Good luck!
    PSE Full Throttle 60/30
    Mathews Chillr 70/29.5

He ripped me off too. I guess I should feel lucky he only got me for
    $41.00 I hope someone gets this guy!! Our transaction was March 9, 2006
    Last edited by meanv2; April 5th, 2006 at 06:58 AM.
    Maker of the MeanV Maximum String Suppressor

MAN THIS GUY IS A SKUNK i hope it all works out for the good guys here
    (question ) did any one call the cops yet? and if not why not I mean there is a lot of money involved here. most are felony ammounts not to mention mail fraud. in reality they had less on Capone as compared to this Chris Chance clown!

Dissgrace to archers everywhere.

The amount here is a federal offense.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast