a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: fast flite vs flemish twist

Question fast flite vs flemish twist

On bows is there a difference in the way the notches at the ends are cut to determine which type string it is setup for. Thanks in advance

Pa Pa. it's not how the string grooves are cut that determines if the bow is FF compatable, but the amount of reinforcement in the limbtip overlays. The more modern string materials "give" less & in doing so, apply more force to the arrow while adding stress to this area of the limbs. Most newer bows work great w/new strings, but you should check w/the bowyer to find out for sure if yours is "ff compatible". Hope this helps.

Your question is kinda vague, really. In the first part you're asking about a string material and the other part of the question is about a string style.

Arrowsmit's right on about checking with the bowyer to see if you can use fastflight or any of the other super string materials. I know some bowyers don't recommend anything but dacron strings and using fastflight will void their warranty. If there is any doubt at all, use B-50 dacron to be safe.

Now if you want to know if a bow needs either an endless loop string or a flemish string, that is strictly personal preference. Endless strings are usually a little faster, flemish are usually a little quieter (and better looking, to my eye).
    Last edited by Arthur P; November 14th, 2002 at 09:53 AM.

Flemish Twist strings are available with Fast-Flight and most other material. Flemish twist is a style of a string usually with two different colored strings, with several strands each, twisted together. Fast-Flight, B-50, Dynaflight, (just to name a few) are all different types of material.

AkArcher

Bow Strings

If you're shooting a traditional bow, I wouldn't recommend using a fast-flight string at all. This is just a personal preference. However, if you do decide to use a fast-flight string on a traditional bow, make sure the tips are reinforced, for example, with horn tip overlays, etc... Otherwise a fastflight string will cause the tips to break off after time.

Cazador

Ref: Strings

I have been out of bow shooting for about 11 years due to a sholder injury. I'm getting to where I can shoot again on a lower poundage recurve bow. ( I'm not a compound man) I read alot more about bows now that the internet has come along than I ever did before. My two favorites are my Red Wing Hunter and my Bear Kodiak Hunter. I have up-graded to Easton ACC arrows with 5 1/2 inch feathers insted of the plastic vanes. This is just to get a little more speed and shoot a little flater than the heavier XX75's with the lower poundage. I read a lot about dacron, flemish twist, and fast flight strings. Is their anyone out here that can explain the diffrences. I need to replace the string on both of them. Used to you just bought a string and that was it. Thanks in advance for any and all help, Richard Hawthorne, Mexia Texas