Archery Talk Forum banner

Proline Bowstings....How can we improve????

2K views 48 replies 30 participants last post by  TRUE HUNT 
#1 · (Edited)
Proline Bowstrings....How can we improve????

As you may have seen Proline Bowstrings is now under new ownership. During the first week we've gotten tons of compliments but there have been some complaints as well. It seems that there have been some quality control and communication issues lately that we are addressing and making changes for the better.

Here's your chance to give us your input. What would you like to see from Proline? What will make us better? I hate to do it but let it fly. Let's hear the good, bad and even the ugly. We're here to serve you, our customers.

#6 ·
Treat your customers and shooting staff with dignity and respect. I was one of your staff shooter and had string failure on a new bow. Instead of you trying to make a happy customer I was treated like a second class citizen. Did you really think a person would pay $1300.00 for a bow and not be able to afford a set of your strings? You blamed the bow, the dealer and everyone but your strings. Was a set of strings worth losing a staff shooter and a dealer? I left you as well as the shop I shoot for. They got tried of wrong size strings,delays ,missed deadlines, not to mention being blamed for your negligence when customers called about the incorrect string sizes. Yes you replaced my strings over a month later. I was so angry that I purchased another set from a AT sponsor and never installed the replacements. I was a staff shooter & paying customer . I was treated like I was trying to steal strings from you how do you think this made me feel? Reverse the roles and tell me how you would have felt?

Your shooting staff should be your body of the company;

Eyes- to see what's out there and what customers want
Ears- to listen to local shooters and report back you latest market trends
Mouth- to tell the world about your products
Feet- to go out and try to solicit business for you.

Yes you do all of the above things for the pros that shoot your strings.
Faster service
Quality control
Better customer service

This is a start! listen to your customers, right your wrongs, be open to the criticism that you will get in this thread. If you go on the offense and start to attack past customers your credibility will suffer even more. I was originally proud to represent your company but after that issue I voluntarily resigned from your staff. I wasn't going to support someone which didn't support me!

#9 ·
I've used Proline exclusively for 3 years now, also a staffer. I've read in the past of some blunders, it can happen as no company is perfect. Is there room for improvement?, always room. Forward progression is a must in any business. I personally have zero issues at all to report, as any concerns I've ever had were addressed immediately and without question. I've only had two issues in 3 years and have ordered 20+ sets and have referred countless others and have heard of no issues from them. I too look forward to 2016 and seeing what this merger brings.
Roy

#12 ·
make strings the correct length, got two sets for a vector 35 that i used to own , when i called you on it and the secretary and the owner got ****ty with me , told me i didnt know what i was doing , ****ty customer service and shipped the wrong size , twice , had to put 7-8 twists in the cables and 14 twists in the string to get it in spec , guess that was my fault too

#14 ·
I had my serving separate in multiple places on one set of strings, along with some good bit of stretch. I contacted proline and asked about the warranty. Sure enough, a replacement was sent, and I received them within 3 days!... but it was the wrong length, the servings were of poor quality, and the strings were grimy and dirty. As if they were just carelessly thrown together. Certainly not the kind of quality I would expect in order to satisfy a customer that was already dissapointed.

#15 ·
Joe is no longer the owner of Proline as has been noted. This screen name has and will continue to be that of Proline Bowstrings. The new management has taken over this screen name with the company acquisition.

We're super excited to keep things rolling for Proline Bowstrings. Here's what we've been working on during week 1 of the transition.

Answering the phone. There is a dedicated receptionist to answer to phone, take orders and answer questions. Please be patient and leave a message if no one answers and you will get called back. If the demand is there additional lines and staff will be added to keep up with demand.

Quality Control. It's pretty obvious that QC has been lacking for a little while. This is a thing of the past. QC is a top priority. Every string/cable gets manually measured before being packed and shipped. That's not to say that we'll be perfect but customers will notice a huge improvement here.

Communication. Along with answering the phone we're working on a system for customers to track their orders. You will be able to log onto the website and check the status. Once the package has shipped you will be emailed a tracking number.

Turnaround time. We should be able to keep turnaround time to a week or less. Our dealer turnaround should be 1-2 business days.

Website. We're working on a new website design that will be super easy to place online orders along with some more product selections and options.

Keep the suggestions coming. As much as we hate hearing the negativity it's the only way we can fix any problems and continue serving our customers the best we can. Thank you archerytalk for helping Proline Bowstrings get to where we are today and we can't wait to see where you help us go tomorrow.

#21 ·
That's not to say that we'll be perfect but customers will notice a huge improvement here.
SAVIOUR68 thinks you should be perfect and infallible... and to not say you will be is an excuse for future errors.

Most of us, however, appreciate your honesty and know that nothing and nobody is perfect. Your intentions are as much as can be expected so GOOD LUCK.

#16 ·
"Quality Control. It's pretty obvious that QC has been lacking for a little while. This is a thing of the past. QC is a top priority. Every string/cable gets manually measured before being packed and shipped. That's not to say that we'll be perfect but customers will notice a huge improvement here."
If you measured the strings prior to shipping theres no excuse not to be perfect unless theres a build issue, YOU CAN BUILD QUALITY STRINGS OR YOU CAN MAKE EXCUSES FOR NOT BUILDING THEM CORRECTLY, I always get nervous when people make excuses from the start.
I wish you the best of luck .

#19 ·
reezen11 read my post on the OP's quote, if they do as he says there is no reason for issues ." That's not to say that we'll be perfect but customers will notice a huge improvement here."
This is a excuse for NOT doing as you advertise, only planting a seed as that it MIGHT not happen as promised.

#22 ·
I shot ProLine strings for a while, but I switched to a different maker when the servings started seperating. I was seeing separation in the middle of the loops. Also, and this won't be an issue for a lot of people, but I was seeing inconsistencies on center serving diameter. I would ask for diameter to be set up for a certain nock, and sometimes they'd be fine and sometimes the nock would barely fit on the string.

Outside of that, I liked the durability of the strings on most of the sets I had.

#23 ·
I bought quite a few strings from Proline and found their quality very good but their string lengths and servings were wrong in about half the strings I bought. They were always replaced when asked for but the turn around in such cases for international orders makes the whole process very frustrating.

#24 ·
As you may have seen Proline Bowstrings is now under new ownership. During the first week we've gotten tons of compliments but there have been some complaints as well. It seems that there have been some quality control and communication issues lately that we are addressing and making changes for the better.

Here's your chance to give us your input. What would you like to see from Proline? What will make us better? I hate to do it but let it fly. Let's hear the good, bad and even the ugly. We're here to serve you, our customers.
Communication and QC issues lately? I think that has been the problem since at least 2010 when I had nothing but problems with communication, lying and quality issues. Oh yeah, and over zealous staffers. Unfortunately it is going to take a long time imo to overcome the Proline name.

#27 ·
Interesting. Good luck moving forward I hope you get the kinks worked out.

#30 ·
We cannot control the past but we sure can control the future and that is what this post is all about. As for the strings from the 2 companies. 60X and Proline each have their unique equipment and process that has proven to work for both companies and we see no reason to change this. None of the former proline employees have relocated as of yet but some vacancies have been filled as we have been preparing for awhile now. This is one of the main reasons this transition was planned to take place during the slow season.

Yes Proline does supply some bow companies with OEM bow strings.

#31 ·
So from now on do you have to specify if you want 60x or proline? I've used both but prefer 60x and wish to keep using that brand whenever it's time to replace.

#35 ·
Guess I don't understand how proline will still be proline with out any original employees. I understand buying out the competition, but don't see how 2 different brands can be produced out of the same facility with the same people. 60x is much better than proline.

#36 ·
Pro-Line have been my absolute favorite strings. I have never had an issue with them. I have seen QC issues with several string makers. It seems like it is part of package when these guys expand. So I guess moving forward, when you find a good custom string maker, do not tell anyone how good they are, and hope they stay small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.