Archery Talk Forum banner

Kodabow owners let's hear from you

6K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Billinthedesert 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd see how many Kodas are out there and get your thoughts. Never hear anything about Kodas so thought I'd check in. My Scout is as well built crossbow as you can get. Never hear of any problems but never hear anything. Koda owners let's hear from ya!!!

#35 ·
Chuck has the handles for the rope cocker figured out too. It's sized to reduce the force on the joints of your hand. I use it on the "other" recurve bow. Haven't decided to buy the Scout yet. I want to keep a recurve in the stable, and until the energy business picks up it's the Matrix 380 for the time being. I like Chucks split limb design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Due to a neck injury in 2010, I needed to pursue looking at a crossbow if I wanted to continue archery hunting. I checked out all the popular name brands - most of which were compounds. I also checked with a number of retailers and bow shops on which crossbows seemed to be the most prone to need repair. In fact, I wanted to shoot one of the better name brands at the time at Cabela's and they didn't have one that was in working order (don't want to share the name because it was many years ago). This steered my selection process towards a non-compound option and I looked hard at both Excalibur and Kodabow. I was extremely impressed with Kodabow and purchased the Bravo Zulu. Excellent build quality, incredible customer support (Chuck), innovative design at the time, ability to work on them in the field (if necessary) and reasonable price for the quality. Very satisfied. Hope this helps...

#39 ·
Thanks to all who have added to this thread. I did not realize Kodabows were recurves until recently -- I am brand new at crossbows -- so had been looked primarily at Excals, and reading about problems. Going to look at Kodas much more closely now as I am much more interested in quality than drama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.