a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PETA kills animals

What that guy said.

im like PETA.....

it does stand for "People Eating Tasty Animals" , right????

I'm sorry.

I'm a zoologist (M.S.).

I never made it past this:

"Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decade’s worth of proof that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to “put down” 21,339 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding homes for them."

PUKE!

Please remember that PETA is not our only enemy in the fight to save our hunting heritage. The Humane Society of the United States is a very well funded organization that is every bit against what we love as well.
    They pad their wallets with money from the unsuspecting public who thinks that they are helping their local Humane Society.
    The HSUS was very instrumental in ending dove hunting in Michigan. They have also helped get the wolf back on a the endangered list [in Michigan] despite the scientific evidence that supports the fact that the population is more than stable to support a limited season.
    Would I personally hunt wolves. Probably not. I would however support the right to do so in a legal manner.
    Sportsmen and women need to unite, not divide.

we should rise against peta and kill all their pets at night then put them under their beds!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i think i linked to that peta kills animals site on here once myself actually.
    dunno about killing their pets; PETA hierarchy have stated numerous times that owning a pet is a form of animal abuse, as they claim animals should have all of the same rights as men. Of course, they don;t expect animals to be obliged to observe the saem responsibilities as men. Ludicrous.

IMO they are a terrorist organization so their leaders should be sent to Guantanamo Bay where they shall await execution. PETA's followers are just ignorant hippie stoners. They've all killed their brain cells by smoking too much pot so they are so easier for PETA to brainwash. The fact that PETA kills so many domestic pets does not surprise me at all. They are the biggest hypocrites around.

PETA = People for Eco Terrorism in America (next will be world domination)

P.E.T.A makes me sick!!!!

They are just another reason to saport people like Ted Nugent, Glen Beck, Chuck Norris, and Sarah Palin

P.S. wile I'm saying this I'm watching TED NUGENT!!!!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

peta

I sent them some deer jerky for Christmas and never even got a thank you card......ohhh well maybe they will like the fur coat I am sending them this year...
    Pse vendetta XL / Pse Freak /

Behind enemy lines on the outskirts of Moscow on the Willamette
    Hunters are the true conservationists. These hypocrites are only interested in promoting their anti-meat, anti-fur and anti-hunting agenda.
    I love all animals. Some just taste better than others.

Behind enemy lines on the outskirts of Moscow on the Willamette
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8twhitehuntr View Post
    IMO they are a terrorist organization so their leaders should be sent to Guantanamo Bay where they shall await execution.
    Are we executing hippies in Gitmo nowadays?
    Okay, just kiddin hippies, but take a bath and use soap.
    And please, for the love of all that is good and holy, don't use that stinky, ass-smellin' patchouli.

peta

People .eating .tasty .animals

It's the same ole leftist hypocrisy. That's what happens when you have an un-natural veiw of creation......you get a twisted veiw.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. PETA radicals apparently don't examine there own.

!

getting so bad that they run through the public land and beat on pots and pans during gun season here were i am from dont seem to smart dose it

marquisb, I wonder that if they hear a gunshot if the tail between their legs stands on end and they hightail it outta there? Maybe worth a try?

I have seen a few good posts, and few really bad ignorant quotes, but its mostly just snarkey comments or people who are merely misinformed and subscribe to certain stereotypes,(left v Right, bits about hippies, god and creation).

I'm probably opening up a can of worms with the post, but I'm hoping that some may gleam some insight and can engage in an intellectual conversation. I will not address the hipocracy of PETA or it's affiliates in this post, it is well known. Instead I am going to address how we can help to break our stereotype of being blood thirsty pirates of nature.

A little background on me:
    Obviously, I'm from Oklahoma, born and raised. I work in the hunting industry and rub elbows on a regular basis with many of the bigwigs in the industry(that's a whole other subject so let's try to stay on topic if you reply please). I quit using a firearm to hunt with in 2007, I do keep a pistol on me just in case(pigs, I only hunt from the ground and have been "tree'ed" once hence the pistol). Next year I will probably be going full on traditional. That has to do with my own sense of spirituality and being as connected to the earth as possible, the true predator and prey sense. I will also note that meat does not make up most of my diet either. I do not eat dairy or eggs either. I butcher my own kills until I have enough to last my family over the year, but I still try to fill all my tags and donate the rest of the meat to Hunters Against Hunger.

Now, I have been called a hippie because I do everything I can to conserve energy, water, and not create waste. My garden is completely organic and I only eat organic foods. I do not vaccinate my kids, I am involved in several organizations geared towards towards these causes. I don't smoke and rarely drink. I bathe at least once a day even ;-) using only organic soaps and shampoos of course.

When I was in college I wrote a report about PETA and other animal rights groups as well as conservation efforts that actively involved hunters and fishermen. It detailed the pro's and cons of each side at length. Now I won't go into the bit about a twisted sense of creation because I my self am an atheist, so I will deal only with the facts. There are certain things that both sides do that each side could easily agree are good things. Things that, were each side more mature they would be willing to coordinate efforts as such and would help to curb the media stereotype of the blood thirsty hunter. Also the vast majority(I'm willing to say 90&#37 of the sportsman's version of conservation is passive, tax funds from gear and tags go into cleaning, maintaining, and promoting wildlife. Although we are finally starting to see a rise in herd management practices on the private owner level with the goal of creating bigger dear, there is an underlying issue that does not get address or promoted enough. Heard management for bigger bucks also allows a more natural cycle of breeding. The males are allowed to live longer, dispersing their genes over a longer time period and strengthening the herd via natural selection. What you don't see is the promotion of this as a standard hunting practice on the wide scale, of letting the younger bucks go our how to age a deer in the wild. Last year at 4 check stations in my hunting area there were only 12 bucks over the age of 4 that were harvested. Five of those belonged to members of my family and friends. Bucks not being allowed to mature does weaken both the herd and the gene pool and can and does lead to infertility and sickness. That is one of the many arguments put forth by anti-hunters and they are right. It is an issue we need to address. As I said before we as hunters need to be more proactive in conservation efforts on the whole, not just on our private property.

I agree that is is ridiculous that poaching just a misdemeanor, and there is a lot more of it than what we want to realize. We have a property that adjoins both a moderate sized individual owned cattle farm, game refuge, and a couple private properties that are mostly wooded. One would think that this would be prime deer hunting area.....There is not one single game trail larger than what you would find from a rabbit. This property is a ways off from our home properties and our neighbor, the rancher has chased off people, called us, and/or called the warden many times in the past when he has seen people going into our property out of season or a vehicle
    he didn't recognize. Once on me even after I had bought a new truck.

We all know about the hipocracy of PETA which is a problem, but they do a lot of good in seeing to it that animals that are raised for the slaughter in factory farms and battery cages(which does take a toll on the nutritional value of the food and breeds bacteria that is deadly to humans). This is something that will help all of in the long run. When I do purchase meat, I buy it from the few local organic farms in my area. I refuse to feed my children hormone tainted meat from mistreated animals. I'm sure we can all agree that even lambs led to the slaughter deserve to die with dignity.

We as humans depend on the earth for sustenance, it is not ours to do with as we please. We must use it properly, responsibly. Yes there are farmers who want to make the world a better place so don't think I am bashing those who do it like they should. The greatest amount of land being farmed in the US and around the world is not being managed properly and uses many of Mansonto's GMO(genetically modified organism) seeds(I would recommend "Food Inc." as a movie you should all watch.) I will let you do your own research on that. There is very little crop rotation and does not allow for the soil to replenish itself. We are allowing them to make the soil barren. Same goes with water, There are dead zones on our coasts from the seepage of city dumps and industrial waste. By the way, the fluoride in your water is not the same kind that is in your toothpaste, it is industrial waste made from making aluminum alloys and is banned in most modern countries. Then there is the problem with overfishing by commercial companies.

*Side Note* I could care less about the politicized issue of climate change. The earth heats up the earth cools. The way things are going this is the last of our worries. If we fix what we are doing above it will have a big impact on man powered global warming. If you want to see the information on climate change you can visit www.skepticscience.com

Commercial livestock farming is also taking a toll on the planet because of the amount of land used that gets foraged over time and time again. It promotes even more corn growth, because this mixed with animal by product(scrap flesh) to make these cows bigger faster. Because of the hormones using the the production of meat, we are seeing children mature faster. If you want proof just look at your child's Elementary and/or HS year book and compare it to your own. The child's class on par will look years older. We are seeing birth defects because of these hormones. All of those are issues that PETA is against because of the effects on the animals, but we should be against them because of how they affect us.

Don't even get me started on obesity and HFCS. Now the corn growers assn. is wanting to rename it "corn sugar" because it sounds healthy. Big Pharma is another bone I have to pic as well, but you guys are welcome to contact me personally on any of what I have posted.

The point is we have to think of the generations to come, will they see us at the generation who destroyed their future or tried to save it? The earth is not something that we own, it is who we are.

PETA has pulled the wool over the eyes of the uneducated. They don't care about animals any more than there is a man in the moon.

P.E.T.A. is a terrorist Organization plain and simple, It's just amazing that it is so accepted.
    And Humane Society of the United States isn't far behind them......

okiearchery, not to get off on a tangent but sugar from HFCS is still a sugar it facts do actually show that using it is no more unhealthy than using cane sugar. whats unhealthy is that both are high in calories and those who tend to be obiest also tend to burn less calories than what they take in through thier diet and with todays society meal serving size is larger meaning more over all calories in the meals and people not doing more physical activity to use those calories.

now back on topic. PETA in the most general sense of their organization is full of hot air. the first conservationist were hunters, thats a fact, look at the philosophies of native americans and look at how they hunted. then look at what Teddy Roosevelt did for conservation by organizing a group. Roosevelt as we all know was a very avid hunter. without hunting nature gets out of balance, and populations explode and thats when disease becomes rampent or an exotic and invasive species moves in and knocks out the natural flora and fauna. on the campus in which i am going to college the biology department is actually fighting a student organization that is doing a trap neuter and release program on feral cats, yes feral and most likely never to be rehabilitated to be pets again. this is horribly wrong in that these cats are distroying our native bird populations, and actually destroying the work of our ornithology professor conducting a bird banding site. this is where PETA maybe on to something althought it is VERY hypocritical of them to do so when they are bashing hunters and ranchers for killing animals. when looking at the facts whats wrong with the group on my campus is that the program would work if on a very very small island where cats cant move into the system but our campus is an open system with new cats every day, but even in that closed system on a tiny island the nueter release program is only effective if 98% of the cats are caught and neutered. but because the founder used a study conducted on a very tiny island with effective trapping he lied to our school to get what he wanted not to actually help animals and this is what PETA has been doing all along and we as hunters need to make the public more aware and do so with scientific fact. in the last year and a half i have been confronted and persicuted by antis and i have shown them the scientific proof whether they believe it or not is up to them but when its published in a peer reviewed scientific journal who can argue unless someone can find evidence for the study to be false which is why its peer reviewed then published to make sure the findings are accurate and precise.
    friends don't let friends rifle hunt

As of July 12, 2011... PETA still continues to kill animals...

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Another Year, Another Horrendous PETA Slaughter of Homeless Pets
    Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decade's worth of evidence showing that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to "put down" 25,840 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding them "forever homes."

PETA's "Animal Record" report for 2010, which the animal rights group itself filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that PETA employees killed 94 percent of the dogs and cats in their care last year. During all of 2010, PETA found adoptive homes for just 44 pets.

Just 44 dogs and cats—out of the 2,345 PETA took in. Those numbers are abysmal, and they and offer little hope for homeless animals to escape perishing on PETA's version of "death row."

The Virginia Beach SPCA, just down the road from PETA's Norfolk headquarters, manages to adopt out the vast majority of the animals in its care. And it does it on a shoestring budget

Why would PETA, an "animal rights" group, secretly kill animals at its headquarters? From a cost-saving standpoint, PETA's hypocrisy isn't difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs—and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated—requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted.

PETA has a $33 million annual budget. But instead of investing in the lives of the thousands of flesh-and-blood creatures in its care, the group spends millions on media campaigns telling Americans that eating meat, drinking milk, fishing, hunting, wearing leather shoes, and benefiting from medical research performed on lab rats are all "unethical."

The bottom line is that PETA's leaders care more about cutting into their advertising budget than finding homes for the six pets, on average, that they kill every single day.

Years of public outrage has not been enough to convince PETA to eliminate its pet eradication program. Now the death toll of animals in PETA's care has reached 25,840, including 2,200 pets in 2010 alone.

PETA has ceased being an animal charity. It's behaving more like a slaughterhouse.

Click here to sign our petition to revoke PETA's tax-exempt status.

Pets Killed By PETA

Year Received† Transferred Adopted Killed
    ----- --------- ---------- --------- ------
    2010 2,345 63 44 1.86% 2,200 93.8%
    2009 2,366 31 8 0.34% 2,301 97.3%
    2008 2,216 34 7 0.32% 2,124 95.8%
    2007 1,997 35 17 0.85% 1,815 90.9%
    2006 3,061 46 12 0.39% 2,981 97.4%
    2005 2,165 69 146 6.74% 1,946 89.9%
    2004 2,655 1 361 13.60% 2,278 85.8%
    2003 2,224 1 312 14.03% 1,911 85.9%
    2002 2,680 2 382 14.25% 2,298 85.7%
    2001 2,685 14 703 26.18% 1,944 72.4%
    2000 2,681 28 624 23.27% 2,029 75.7%
    1999 1,805 91 386 21.39% 1,328 73.6%
    1998* 943 125 133 14.10% 685 72.6%
    Total 29,823 540 3,135 10.56% 25,840 85.9%

* figures represent the second half of 1998 only

Fascinating, good to see solid documentation on the facts that we have known to be true!
    Ross Cardiac 31, QAD HDX, Fletcher Insider, Sword sight
    GT XT Hunters, Muzzy's, Twisted Archery Strings

Here's a tally for last year (2011)....

Washington, DC — Today the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) published documents online, obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request, showing that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed a staggering 95.9 percent of the adoptable pets in its care during 2011. Despite years of public outrage over its euthanasia program, the notorious animal rights group has continued killing adoptable animals at its Norfolk, VA headquarters, at an average of 37 pets every week.
    According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year while placing just 24 in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 27,751 pets have died at the hands of PETA workers.
    "PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation, even as the group continues to lecture the American public with its phony ‘animal rights’ message," said Rick Berman, CCF’s Executive Director. "It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats."
    Despite its $37.4 million budget, PETA employees make little effort to find homes for the thousands of animals they kill every year.
    A 2010 inspection of 290 PETA animal custody records performed by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services discovered that PETA killed 84 percent of the animals it took control of within only 24 hours. Additionally, the inspection discovered that PETA’s animal shelter didn't meet PETA’s own published guidelines for running a humane shelter.
    "For the 13th year in a row, PETA’s leaders have shown they don’t care about the unlucky dogs and cats that come to its Norfolk facility," Berman continued. "It’s about time PETA’s ‘shelter’ is reclassified as a slaughterhouse."
    CCF has obtained PETA’s "Animal Record" filings for every year since 1998 from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Members of the public can see these documents at www.PETAKillsAnimals.com.

Quote Originally Posted by OneArmArrowSlinger View Post
    If I remember correctly from my criminal justice classes in college, the largest terrorist organization is not Al-Quida or the Taliban but PETA and similar groups. They are fanatical groups who care more about attention than they do animals or the environment. From my life experiance the people who care most about the environment are the farmers and the hunters, people who are out there trying to make it a better place to pass on to their childeren & grandchilderen. This is why my childeren are not allowed to watch Bambi & similar movies; this is the worst type of propaganda, aimed at manipulating & brain washing our childeren who will grow up thinking it is the truth unless they are taught differently. The vast majority of hunters are not bloodthirsy barbarians but active conservationists.
    Absolutley God damn right. I have a friend or two that are anti hunting and I tell them this. If it wasn't for hunters and the hunters love of the out doors, and especially the love of the animals we hunt, there would be no wild life at all. For all th B.S. they talk about animal rights, they have no clue how to maintain a healthy and diverse population of animals the way hunters do. Not to mention it's one of the only programs that pays for itself besides the U.S postal service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast