Archery Talk Forum banner

Whitetail Deer Homemade Mineral Mix Recipe

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jerry/NJ 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I got this recipe from the Missouri Sportsmen's Information Network and I'd like to pass it on as I have had success with it. You can buy this at your local grain elevator or feed store in town.

Ingredients: Makes 200 lbs. for about $23.00 (you can't beat that)

1 part Di-calcium phosphate (this is a dairy feed additive that comes in a 50 lb bag at around $11.00, you need one bag)

2 parts Trace Mineral Salt ( the red and loose kind without the medications this comes in a 50 lb bag at around $5.00, you need two bags)

1 part Stock Salt ( ice cream salt this comes in a 50 lb bag at around $2.00, you need one bag)

Directions:

Use a 3 lb or similar size coffee can to use as your measure for each part of the mix.

Mix all together well but not until ready to use, keep ingredents separate until ready to put to use.

Dig or tear up a circle in the soil about 36 inches wide and about 6 inches deep.

Mix your mineral mixture in with the soil.

Replenish in 6 months with fresh supply of mineral, and then each year there after.

Good luck!

See less See more
#4 ·
We did this last year and it is still there waiting, they didnt touch it.......I tried other stuff to lure em in to see if they would touch the stuff and my test was a waste of time and effort but it was fun. I think Matt (BowhunterNJ) had better luck with his, maybe he'll chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.