a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: What is Going On??

What is Going On??

I see they are dusting of the let's-bring-our-troops-home stuff again. Only this time it appears that they are saying since Iraq has a new gov. and Zarqawi is dead we can and should reduce troop levels.

Is it just me, or was it yesterday that everyone was saying it's just one man that was killed, the war isn't over yet?

The only Benado trying to understand these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benado
    I see they are dusting of the let's-bring-our-troops-home stuff again. Only this time it appears that they are saying since Iraq has a new gov. and Zarqawi is dead we can and should reduce troop levels.

Is it just me, or was it yesterday that everyone was saying it's just one man that was killed, the war isn't over yet?

These folks are completely lost, like a ship foundering at sea. What they are doing is throwing garbage against the wall to see what sticks. That's what people do when they have no plan at all. Just see what sticks.

Amazing, after Zarqawi is killed, it seems the dems want to honor him by doing EXACTLY what he wanted--- make us leave Iraq!

Will Kerry vote for this before he votes against it????

Will Dean scream???

Will Pelosi go wide eyed in anticipation?

Is this the cause of global warming?

Does Cynthia McKinney think it's racist?

Does Murtha claim it was in "cold blood"?

Is Michael Moore going to film it?

Will Mary Mapes and Dan Rather state that it is "fake but accurate"?

Can we blame Reid's "culture of corruption"?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

As it is said in Lindy Wisdom's verse: "There ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

Charter Member: NCWID
    NAASP

Quote Originally Posted by Benado

These folks are completely lost, like a ship foundering at sea. What they are doing is throwing garbage against the wall to see what sticks. That's what people do when they have no plan at all. Just see what sticks.

Come on guys.....we do need a exit plan to slowly get out of Iraq.....Zarqawi death....certainly doesn't mean we need to leave right now.

And I think that your absolute detest of all things democrat are clouding the issue....

What is the exit plan...when and how.....what is the Governments plan on exiting Iraq.....

It appears that our Government and Military do not have a plan....if they don't have a plan...then aren't they then "being democrats"
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

Life is about balance. Be kind, but don't let people abuse you. Trust, but don't be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.

Hasn't the "exit" plan been explained over and over??? As the Iraqis become more proficient in the defense of their country and they have a stable govt, the US forces will begin to stand down. The exit schedule will be determined by the commanding officers in the field, not by politicians such as Murtha and Kerry. --- a la Viet Nam.

Of course a good pulicized time table will ensure that the insurgency goes underground until after we leave. And believe me THAT would be Bush's fault too.

What is your exit plan????
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

As it is said in Lindy Wisdom's verse: "There ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

Charter Member: NCWID
    NAASP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ELKARCHER
    Of course a good pulicized time table will ensure that the insurgency goes underground until after we leave. And believe me THAT would be Bush's fault too.
    Damn right!!!! The schedule of departure will be held secret until its time---- period!!!! Commanders on the ground do have a plan as we speak. Anyone who thinks they don't are very mislead.
    Martin Archery Dealer located in SOUTHCENTRAL KENTUCKY 270-774-7470
    MEMBER MFL CLUB! 2015 Models Arriving November

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER
    Come on guys.....we do need a exit plan to slowly get out of Iraq.....Zarqawi death....certainly doesn't mean we need to leave right now.

And I think that your absolute detest of all things democrat are clouding the issue....

What is the exit plan...when and how.....what is the Governments plan on exiting Iraq.....

It appears that our Government and Military do not have a plan....if they don't have a plan...then aren't they then "being democrats"
    Exit plan? Not happening of the repug watch........just the opposite!

Reuters reports that conservatives are quietly backtracking from their earlier stance against permanent base construction in Iraq:

Congressional Republicans killed a provision in an Iraq war funding bill that would have put the United States on record against the permanent basing of U.S. military facilities in that country, a lawmaker and congressional aides said on Friday.

The exit has been explained, but its necessary vagueness is driving people nuts. So I'm sure that the dems' constituents are hammering them to get some results in what appears to be a program that isn't working. It's the uncertainty that is the problem. We see towns taken, then left to be repopulated with dirtbags, we don't see enough ground being covered, and we see the results of not planning properly for an insurgency. Lots of hindsight here, but the fact remains that had we to do it again with what we know now, we could have pulled off the "glorious bringers of liberty" bit. This attempt isn't working very well, so I think the American public is itching for a change in approach. I also think that most folks are convinced that what appears to be a land of savage loonies will always be a land of savage loonies, and we're wasting our time.

Maybe it's an issue of salesmanship. They never did sell this war.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by RUDI WINCHESTER
    Exit plan? Not happening of the repug watch........just the opposite!

Reuters reports that conservatives are quietly backtracking from their earlier stance against permanent base construction in Iraq:

Congressional Republicans killed a provision in an Iraq war funding bill that would have put the United States on record against the permanent basing of U.S. military facilities in that country, a lawmaker and congressional aides said on Friday.

It is looking like the Iraqis WANT US TO HAVE A PRESENCE THERE! They do not want us as an occupation force, but a presence to assure the Iraqis that we will not simply abandon them, as the USA has done in the past, goes a long way to building a solid ally in the region, as they know they have a friend and a power in their corner to make certain another despot doesn't rise up.

Like in Somalia. Clinton completely pulled our troops out because 18 soldiers were killed in action. Now, Mogadishu is in the hands of Al Qaeda. Yep, brilliant move by Mr Clinton.

How can the Dems and their supporters be so out of touch with reality? This goes beyond denial. This is living in a dangerous fantasy land. Dangerous to America.

And the Democrat Implosion Continues (and is accelerating)

The grassroots Dems, those that truly mean well, may wish to start packing their bags and get the heck out of the way. The snowball is growing, and will carry all those good intentioned, well-reasoned Dems right down to the bottom of the abyss along with it.

In law enforcement of gangs, drug dealers, etc do we publicize specific future plans on TV/radio?

This is simple war tactics or fighting technique for that matter...element of surprise...never let the enemy know what is happening. Come on folks, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand announcing a plan is a bad idea.

ELKARCHER,

My plan is irrelevant...

My point is that the American public....only see the Government saying we have a "plan". Saying and seeing in this I want it now mentality, what the President...needs to do is give the public an actual timeline break down of what the military expects to happen in the next 1-2 years. (keeping in mind that in War things change)

Looking in to this "war" the general public expects the President to tell us all ( now you and I know that's absurd, military things at time must be kept secret) But a timeline of the basics when the US hope to leave, what will happen as we leave, what is expected of the Iraq Government and how much support we will give them ...via...Military....technolog y...monetary....etc....is a good starting point and is important to all of us...including the Iraqi people.

People are looking for a glimmer of an end to the Iraq war....generally the populous most current large scale war is still Vietnam....and we stayed in that place to long in a lot of peoples eye.

I feel that GWB's "speech" on Zarqawi was a good one..paraphrasing...."while his death was good....he's just one of many...and we must continue to fight against terrorist...."

I do believe that the President should make it clear that ....fighting terroist is not teh same as setting up Iraq with a Democracy....they should be kept separate, even though terrorist fight us on the same ground...it is a separate issue....

Life is about balance. Be kind, but don't let people abuse you. Trust, but don't be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy
    The exit has been explained, but its necessary vagueness is driving people nuts. So I'm sure that the dems' constituents are hammering them to get some results in what appears to be a program that isn't working. It's the uncertainty that is the problem. We see towns taken, then left to be repopulated with dirtbags, we don't see enough ground being covered, and we see the results of not planning properly for an insurgency. Lots of hindsight here, but the fact remains that had we to do it again with what we know now, we could have pulled off the "glorious bringers of liberty" bit. This attempt isn't working very well, so I think the American public is itching for a change in approach. I also think that most folks are convinced that what appears to be a land of savage loonies will always be a land of savage loonies, and we're wasting our time.

Maybe it's an issue of salesmanship. They never did sell this war.
    Spot on Spreggy. However, part of the reason we do not "see" the prgoress is that it isn't reported. The agenda of the drive-by media has been discussed ad nauseum, and is something many of us have been over.

The American people have had to contend with a bunch of hooey. When all you hear in the news is the negative, with very little positive, and even the big positives are intentioanlly downplayed due to a political agenda (drive-by media and the Liberal agenda), its no wonder you believe Americans are "fed up". What we are fed up with, is the lack of truthful coverage.

Bush explained to America back when the War on Terror and the War in Iraq began, that this was going to be a long, hard road. We are winning, but we must stay the course.

I also think that most folks are convinced that what appears to be a land of savage loonies will always be a land of savage loonies, and we're wasting our time.
    That’s what I think. Looking for WMD and bringing Saddam down are attainable goals with military force. Trying to civilize these dogmatic idiots is a completely different animal. To bring peace to the Middle East, we would have to collect hair samples from every human there, kill them, and then make clones of the people we just killed. The clones must never learn anything of Islam or Christianity(I am not recommending this.) I think it would be easier to just leave.

ELKARCHER,

My plan is irrelevant...

My point is that the American public....only see the Government saying we have a "plan". Saying and seeing in this I want it now mentality, what the President...needs to do is give the public an actual timeline break down of what the military expects to happen in the next 1-2 years. (keeping in mind that in War things change)
    And why do you suppose "America only sees the government saying we have a plan"? Could it be because the major accomplishments and the good we are doing over in Iraq are not reported?

Looking in to this "war" the general public expects the President to tell us all ( now you and I know that's absurd, military things at time must be kept secret) But a timeline of the basics when the US hope to leave, what will happen as we leave, what is expected of the Iraq Government and how much support we will give them ...via...Military....technolog y...monetary....etc....is a good starting point and is important to all of us...including the Iraqi people.
    No, the Democrats have been harping on this one, and the drive-by media reinforces it continually. I believe Amricans want to know we are winning, and that we will win. Most Americans realize that we DO NOT WANT ANOTHER 9/11. What the Press tells you and what is reality are two different things. You are being duped and you do not even know it.

People are looking for a glimmer of an end to the Iraq war....generally the populous most current large scale war is still Vietnam....and we stayed in that place to long in a lot of peoples eye.
    Perhaps if the drive-by media would report the news properly, we would see we have far more than a "glimmer of hope" in ending our major involvement in Iraq.

I feel that GWB's "speech" on Zarqawi was a good one..paraphrasing...."while his death was good....he's just one of many...and we must continue to fight against terrorist...."

I do believe that the President should make it clear that ....fighting terroist is not teh same as setting up Iraq with a Democracy....they should be kept separate, even though terrorist fight us on the same ground...it is a separate issue....
    Actually, the strategy we are employing is based on the belief that terrorism flourishes when people are not FREE! This one has already been clearly outlined, CLEARLY, and yet the noise from the left has helped you forget that this has been CLEARLY stated.

However, part of the reason we do not "see" the prgoress is that it isn't reported.
    I find it hard to believe, only because each party has their media team. The left doesn't own all the media. So if there was something to report from an administration that is grasping at straws, we'd hear it. The problem here is a lack of prgress, end of story. We should have that place sealed up like a drum and pumping oil like mad by now.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

I find it hard to believe, only because each party has their media team. The left doesn't own all the media. So if there was something to report from an administration that is grasping at straws, we'd hear it. The problem here is a lack of prgress, end of story. We should have that place sealed up like a drum and pumping oil like mad by now.
    Open up any newspaper, Spreggy, and take two different colored highlighters, mark the news concerning our progress in Iraq with one color, and the negatives of Iraq with another. At the end of a month (do this every day), take a count, then please report your findings.

Most Americans still get there news the old-fashioned way. Newspapers, their local TV news broadcasts and News-oriented magazines. like Newsweek, Time, etc.

And, you state "we should have that place sealed up like a drum, pumping oil like mad by now." What is your basis for this statement? DO you know what condition these facilities were in before we began bombing? After we began bombing? What the insurgency may be doing to disrupt the supply channels? How intermitent the Iraqi electrical grid is? How long it has been in rough shape (for many, many years)?

Where does this statement find its foundation? Please explain why you believe this?
    Last edited by doctariAFC; June 13th, 2006 at 12:16 PM.

Doc, the imbalance is also largely in part due to a lack of material. You can say it ain't so, but Bush himself doesn't have much to say when he himself is speaking about the war. The media isn't the problem, it's the performance that is lackluster.

That’s what I think. Looking for WMD and bringing Saddam down are attainable goals with military force. Trying to civilize these dogmatic idiots is a completely different animal. To bring peace to the Middle East, we would have to collect hair samples from every human there, kill them, and then make clones of the people we just killed. The clones must never learn anything of Islam or Christianity(I am not recommending this.) I think it would be easier to just leave.
    We have to remember that both the American and French revolutions were set in the framework of the Age of Enlightenment. There is no enlightenment over there, no rationality (similar to parts of America today, sad to say). Those people are not in a place mentally to consider seperating their government from their religion, and we don't seem to be able to sell it to them en masse.

The media...the media..the media....oh the evil media...please....this harping on the vast left wing media conspiracy is getting old.

Maybe it's an issue of salesmanship. They never did sell this war
    Agree!

It is looking like the Iraqis WANT US TO HAVE A PRESENCE THERE! They do not want us as an occupation force, but a presence to assure the Iraqis that we will not simply abandon them, as the USA has done in the past, goes a long way to building a solid ally in the region, as they know they have a friend and a power in their corner to make certain another despot doesn't rise up.
    Agree with this as well.....and I think a military instalment there for a long duration isn't a bad idea.

I'm not talking about devulging military secrets. No what I'm talking about is a general look at what we expect, remember what is expected is not always what will happen.