Thread: How do you quiet down a VBG trapper sight?

How do you quiet down a VBG trapper sight?

I just bought a 5 pin trapper by VBG, mainly because everone talks so highly of them. No one sold them in my area so I was never able to check one out in person. Now that I have one mounted I can't believe how bad the fiber optics rattle. Have any of you found a way to quiet them down??

Thanks

2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 / QAD / HHA / Easton FMJ/ Gator XP 100 & Ulmer Edge & NAP Spitfire Maxx / Scott releases /Bohning quiver/Meta peep/Swarovski/Zeiss Optic
    DON'T SPREAD MY WEALTH,SPREAD MY WORK ETHIC!!!
    The American Indians found out first hand what happens when you don't control immigration!"

Hey Goatboy,
    I have the three pin trapper and it is silent. Don't know what to tell you. Mine is solid as a rock. I would contact VBG and see if they will do anything for you. Good luck!
    Todd M. Priest ~ East Central Iowa
    Bowtech Destroyer 350, 65 lbs, 28" DL, 365 gr. Gold Tip 5575 XT Hunter, 301 fps, 74 # of KE.
    QAD LD Rest ~ Octane Precision NXS Bowsight ~ Octane Stabilizer ~ Octane One Piece Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by tpriest
    Hey Goatboy,
    I have the three pin trapper and it is silent. Don't know what to tell you. Mine is solid as a rock. I would contact VBG and see if they will do anything for you. Good luck!

Same here.
    Sounds like something is wrong. I would contact VBG.
    Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens.

my trapper is silent as is my brothers. Contact VBG and they will take care of you. They are an awesome company that stands behind their product completely.
    Nate
    Ross 334

If you call them I'm sure they'll send you another when you send them the one your having trouble with.

I've had nothing but great service from VBG. I knocked off one of the old levels (before they changed the way they mount them) and they shipped me out another the same day.

Great company and great sights...especially the Trapper.
    "Infinite patience and practice are needed to make a hunter. He must earn his right to take life by the painful effort of constant shooting." Saxton Pope

I have to agree with all the posts. I have been selling Vital Bow Gear products for years. They have great customer service, and will take care of you. They lost their top notch rep., Kevin, but they should still be as willing as they have always been to fix problems.

To answer question on how to fix the noise? I have sold 100s of Vital Bow Gear sights and rests, and never heard of this?

call them and ask for liz she will take care of it asap.also have not seen that problem either,i even have an old one that is beat up a bit from a few years in the field and its still quiet as can be.

Thanks

Thanks for all the information, I didn't think it was supposed to be like that after everything good I had heard about it!
    As of right now it sounds like my friends cobra side winder. It does this when I do my "anything loose test" Like most of you I'm sure, I just put the bow in my hand without holding it tight then I give the limbs a couple good wacks with the palm of my other hand. This always lets me know if something has came loose.

Thanks again everyone.

This is it mounted on my bow, I was surprised at how far down I had to mount it on the brackets, is anyone elses mounted like this or is it just me and my anchor point. Corner of my mouth tip of my nose like most folks.
    And my peep is comfortable.

2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 / QAD / HHA / Easton FMJ/ Gator XP 100 & Ulmer Edge & NAP Spitfire Maxx / Scott releases /Bohning quiver/Meta peep/Swarovski/Zeiss Optic
    The American Indians found out first hand what happens when you don't control immigration!"

I have three of the green pin Trapper's and if I find more I'll buy them because the Trapper will never be made again. VBG lost a litigation over vertical inline pins with Trophy Ridge and that's why they came out with the new angled pin sights this year. I like the Trapper sight better than any I've ever shot. I am sure you can send it back and they will repair it because they are a very customer service oriented company but unless they have any of last years models in inventory (which I doubt because they were so popular) you will have to get it repaired. I have never heard any noise out of mine but it could be the rubber seal between the sight rings has come loose. You can fix it yourself if that's the problem but it might be better to just send it in. Good luck.

TEXAS

Thanks for the info, I emailed them so I'll see what happens.

Thanks